So I just got my 5150 off Ebay today, came in the mail. I look in the back and all I see is 4 Tubes, and two black boxes. I thought it was supposed to have 5 12AX7's and 46L6GC's. Are the other tubes in those black boxes ?
Agile Septor Elite 7-String
ESP H-1007
ESP H-1001
Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie Cab

Recording Gear -
PreSonus FireStudio Interface
CX5 Studio Monitors
The 12AX7s are pre-amp tubes.

The 6L6s are the powertubes. The pre-amp tubes are in little metal casings.

Are you sure you really need a 5150? I would have done a bit more research about tube amps before buying one.
yes I'm sure i Need a 5150, i did research before i bought. I loved the sound for what I play. I play Death/hardcore Metal. I just wasn't sure on how the Tubes were configured because this is my first tube amp. thanks
ESP H-1007
ESP H-1001
Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie Cab

Recording Gear -
CX5 Studio Monitors
Quote by kurdtkobaign
The 12AX7s are pre-amp tubes.

The 6L6s are the powertubes. The pre-amp tubes are in little metal casings.

Are you sure you really need a 5150? I would have done a bit more research about tube amps before buying one.

can you change the 6l6s for 12 ax7s? i heard they are better for metal.
Quote by AMP64

6l6s are POWERTUBES 12AX7s are PREAMP TUBES you can't use a 12AX7 in place of a 6l6...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 19, 2007,
Quote by AMP64

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
Quote by MatrixClaw

6l6s are POWERTUBES 12AX7s are PREAMP TUBES you can't use a 12AX7 in place of a 6l6...

Oh and that's totally sigged, lol

that's a bit harsh taking the piss...he said it was his first experience with tubes, and probably just didn't know better. Not everyone knows the difference
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by MatrixClaw

Oh and that's totally sigged, lol

is this flaming?. can i report this guy?. i wouldnt ask if i knew everything about amps.
Quote by AMP64
is this flaming?. can i report this guy?. i wouldnt ask if i knew everything about amps.

I wasn't flaming you. You could figure out the answer to that question very easily by looking at the top of the Guitar Gear and Accessories forum and looking in the tubes thread instead of hijacking someone else's thread.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by AMP64

you seem to be "Report Trigger Happy", lighten up, most people are joking and you take it all serious, theres really nothing offensive there

Did you get the manual when you got the 5150 used?? im sure your only using the 5150 to play at shows if not you studied wrong
Quote by AMP64

he's deleted the flaming part of the post and unsigged the comment, so no reporting needed

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by hardcoredarrell
you seem to be "Report Trigger Happy", lighten up, most people are joking and you take it all serious, theres really nothing offensive there

Did you get the manual when you got the 5150 used?? im sure your only using the 5150 to play at shows if not you studied wrong

Yeah, I was just joking, don't take things so seriously. Also, if you own a 5150 like you say you do, you should know this stuff, you shouldn't buy a tube amp and not know that...
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Yeah, I was just joking, don't take things so seriously. Also, if you own a 5150 like you say you do, you should know this stuff, you shouldn't buy a tube amp and not know that...

i sent the report anyway but depends if they can see stuff that was deleted..
you should just say what the information is instead of sigging that.

(he tried to sig my question to try and embarrass me moderators)
Last edited by AMP64 at Sep 19, 2007,
He does have a point tho, you did hijack my thread. I dont really care, but some other people might so i would recommend not doing that in the future
ESP H-1007
ESP H-1001
Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie Cab

Recording Gear -
CX5 Studio Monitors
Quote by AMP64
i sent the report anyway but depends if they can see stuff that was deleted..
you should just say what the information is instead of sigging that.

(he tried to sig my question to try and embarrass me moderators)

I would've gave you the information in a non joking matter if you didn't keep hijacking people's threads. Make your own thread and ask your questions and maybe then people might actually take you seriously.

TS, I'm sorry about all this, but at least your answer was already given before. The 12AX7s are found in the little hanging metal cylinders. The large tubes that you see are the 6l6s.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
well there more like metal boxes then cylinders, but yeah thanks bro. sorry you got reported or whatever
ESP H-1007
ESP H-1001
Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie Cab

Recording Gear -
CX5 Studio Monitors
Quote by MatrixClaw
I would've gave you the information in a non joking matter if you didn't keep hijacking people's threads. Make your own thread and ask your questions and maybe then people might actually take you seriously.

TS, I'm sorry about all this, but at least your answer was already given before. The 12AX7s are found in the little hanging metal cylinders. The large tubes that you see are the 6l6s.

thats hilarious you give a detailed sensitive answer to try and save yourself from a warning after trying to embarrass me by sigging my question then you get worried you will be banned. I hope you havent been warned before
Quote by BackSeatSuicide
well there more like metal boxes then cylinders, but yeah thanks bro. sorry you got reported or whatever

i'm sure he'll beat me to saying it, but I'm not convinced the mods will take any notice of MatrixClaw being reported, as this AMP64 newcomer seems to be a touch on the 'omg, lets report people!' side of things.

you should see the 'need new ibanez' thread...

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
The pre amp tubes are behind the black panel on the right hand side (looking from the back)
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Quote by mcw00t
that's a bit harsh taking the piss...he said it was his first experience with tubes, and probably just didn't know better. Not everyone knows the difference

yeah he actually didn't say that, it was the TS.

anyways, wow this thread went downhill.

glad the TS got his questions answered though.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
Quote by soundnin
yeah he actually didn't say that, it was the TS.

anyways, wow this thread went downhill.

glad the TS got his questions answered though.

ah right, i really need to read things properly before posting...

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX