Page 1 of 2
I need to speak with you, UG.

Why do people feel the need to punch a wall when they get angry/frustrated? I mean, IMO, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Today one of my friends had a bandage on his hand and I ask "what happened to you hand?"

He goes "I punched the wall."

I just looked at him. I wanted to tell him that was the stupidest thing I had ever heard, then ask what the hell is wrong with him.

Why would you do that? I mean, why? It sounds stupid to tell people about, plus you're hurting yourself.

Is it just my school, or are kids doing this everywhere? Do you guys have any friends who've done it? What's the god damn point?!?!
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
To take out frustration....

To concentrate your pain as a physical one to keep control of your emotions...
No I'm too old to punch walls...

... small dogs however...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
yeah, it is quite stupid. there are other ways to take out frustration.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
I don't get it either. I haven't been at all violent since I was like ten. Granted, I'm a bit of a pansy, but I think that's better than being a thug.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I do it sometimes, it depends what I'm closest to. When you have so much anger than swearing just doesn't vent it, punching the wall / bed / a cushion is a good vent (preferably the latter two).
I punched a hole in a bathroom door and it's scarred my hand.

I also punched a little girl in the throat and it kind of ruined my reputation as a reliable babysitter.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Last edited by Yakult at Sep 19, 2007,
release anger, if someone does something like stubs a toe or hits there head i usually put up a hand to punch so they dont hurt themselves trying to hurt the earth
Quote by Yakult

I also punched a little girl in the throat and it kind of ruined my reputation as a reliable babysitter.

I don't care whether thats true or not, I love you.
in all honesty, you're the weird one for not punching walls, i've gone through a wall before....you gotta vent your frustration somehow, just don't punch glass, it's hurts more when it breaks than a wall does
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
To take out frustration....

To concentrate your pain as a physical one to keep control of your emotions...

Exactly. I punch walls instead of people....though punching people is always fun....
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
SPAAAAAAAARRRRTTTAAA! No?
Quote by Guitarist132
Incorrect, the correct answer was papua new guinea

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.
actually I used to think the same thing and then one night at work, it had been an especially ****ty night and I hadnt had more than like 10 hours of sleep in the last 4 or 5 days. Well anyways it was abou t3 in the morning and a clamp on the machine comes down on my hand(there is about a 200lbs of pressure coming down on this clamp which is about as wide as the bottom of a crutch).I got so ****ing pissed that I just start wailing on the control panel on the machine. I broke my little knuckle and cut my hand really bad. I dont know why I did it... I had never done it before but I just felt uncontrollable anger. If it had been a person Im pretty sure I would have nearly killed them.
Quote by happytimeharry
You just made my penis retract into my body in fear. Thank you for that unpleasant feeling Stinkles...

Quote by sashki
So the next day when you were a girl again, you'd stick a dead willy dickinson into yourself? Sounds wrong to me.

Lol
i punch walls when it comes to a decision between punchin a wall and punchin a person...
Ibanez RGT42FM w/duncans
Musuc Man JP6, fully loaded
Crybaby 95Q
Boss DD6
Mesa DC-5
I once stomped a pair of jeans lying on the concrete floor out of frustration. It did make me feel better though.
I'm Tyler
Quote by ChaoticVengence
in all honesty, you're the weird one for not punching walls, i've gone through a wall before....you gotta vent your frustration somehow, just don't punch glass, it's hurts more when it breaks than a wall does

I keep picturing how stupid these people must look during the act of punching the wall.......

"DAMMIT I'M MAD!! FUCK YOU WALL!!!"

(wham)

".....holy ****, that hurt.....well, at least I can brag about it tomorrow."

EDIT: I vent my frustration through my guitar

or either bottle it up for later use.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I do it when it gets REALLY bad.. like, I've only ever done it twice so..

Once a brick wall, I was so pissed off I freaked the **** out and nearly had a fit apparently, I don't really remember it.
Second time was in my room, fist went through the wall.

Scarred from both.

It's literally just when it gets to the point where I think; 'it's either your face or the wall'. And I'd rather not punch someone in the face.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
Some people do it to release anger they're scared might be let out on other people, especially ones they care about, on themselves. I'd much rather hurt myself than hurt someone I care about tbh
ohai little sig.
i punch concrete floors, its more economical
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
Quote by Demonikk
Some people do it to release anger they're scared might be let out on other people, especially ones they care about, on themselves. I'd much rather hurt myself than hurt someone I care about tbh

still, there are much more mature ways of letting out anger than wailing on a wall....

jeez....

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Maybe the wall told a racist joke.

Whenever I'm angry, I punch puppies. Those don't hurt your hand.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Yeah, ironically it's the jocky guys who diss emos for cutting themselves, while this is pretty much just the same thing
You've never been so frustrated you want to kick someones head in?

Theres a large dent in my wall from me smacking it in with a baseball bat, kicking with steel toe capped boots and just generally beating the **** out of it.
Quote by DanRev
You've never been so frustrated you want to kick someones head in?

Theres a large dent in my wall from me smacking it in with a baseball bat, kicking with steel toe capped boots and just generally beating the **** out of it.

Three posts up man, read it.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
When I get angry enough to punchy someone, sometimes the guy gets lucky and I manage to unleash my frustration on an inanimate object instead of his face.

Punching a wall for me happens when I am about to punch someone in the face but manage to control myself just in time to not get myself into big big trouble.

That being said, I tend to avoid stone walls.
WTLTL 2011
I've done it plenty of times. When i get angry, i just want t hit things.

So i hit a wall. Good to have competitions with yourself aswell. Likkeee

"ooo i wonder if i could make a bigger hole this time..."

And so on.

Yes i am stupid.
Sweet.
siggify! I've never laughed so much on these forums

Quote by dudetheman

I keep picturing how stupid these people must look during the act of punching the wall.......

"DAMMIT I'M MAD!! FUCK YOU WALL!!!"

(wham)

".....holy ****, that hurt.....well, at least I can brag about it tomorrow."

EDIT: I vent my frustration through my guitar

or either bottle it up for later use.
I don't punch the walls of my house, but I've punched school walls and lockers. It feels good...

I punched a pillow once, and I fucking cut my hand. Never punch a moving pillow...
Quote by Kensai
No I'm too old to punch walls...

... small dogs however...

gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
Allot of people do this...when a person is very frustrated they usualy feel like hurting someone, but since most people don't want to hurt anybody they usualy take their anger out on the nearest thing, which more often than not, is a wall. It has nothing to do with stupidity, it has to do with impulse control, which is usualy impaired when a person is experiencing high stress levels.
i do if im mad enough. its not like my thought process is **** you **** mother****ing son of a ***** piece of **** **** wall! **** YOU! its not like a concious thing, if im frustrated enough the nearest thing within an arms length is gonna get punched. not that it solves anything, and it kills later, but its not like im gonna sit there ready to explode and debate the pros and cons of punching my wall
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
I cracked my wall punching it, but I have anger management issues.

My Macedonian friend broke my Dutch friend's room and bathroom doors.

My other friend smashed his computer screen, his iPod, and his glass desk.

I hang out with the right crowd
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
They are hoping the molecules in their hand and the wall align, so that their hand will get stuck in the wall.
fght ff yr dmns. wrt sngs n yr slp. fight yr dmns your DEMONS. w lv y. w mss y. i lv y s mch tht t hrts m hd.
Quote by Yakult

Yeah I did it one time and hit a stud instead of the place between the studs
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
I sometimes punch walls.

Well, not walls, usually doors, walls are too hard.

But yeah, only when I'm very angry.

You won't like me when I'm very angry.
Page 1 of 2