I just got my boss ns-2 today, and am having a little trouble with it.

This is my setup

From the ns2 Im hooked into my od808, from that into my metal master, then back to the ns2, then into my half stack.

Occasionally im gettin ALOT of feedback when I have the od808 and metal master on, and muting the strings with my hand wont even stop the humming and feedback. Can anyone help me with this. The instruction manual doesnt do a very good job expalining the pedal.
which one is the guitar plugged into first?
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Hmm I got 1 day before last im gonna use a noise gate pedal forever now! makes my stack so much tamer! can't wait to gig at the weekend and not have to twiddle the volume every 2 secs!!

I just leave my pedals in my amp loop and just put this between the guitar and amp.. I had to mess about with it for a while to get it right, trying all differnent ways of hooking it up, I was real worried it was just naff for a while but it worked out okay... just keep trying differnt combonations dude, sorry i cant be of more help..

and your right the manual is weird!
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
You need to turn the 'effect' level up so that it's to a level that will start to reduce the noise you have
It doesn't do it automatically, you have to set it to a setting that takes away the noise but doesn't cut guitar signal
^ a good point, my post was assuming he knew this already however
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Try to put after everything. It will do its job by reducing the noise from the signal after ur pedals. idk why u would have it plugged in twice like that.
Quote by qotsa1998
Try to put after everything. It will do its job by reducing the noise from the signal after ur pedals. idk why u would have it plugged in twice like that.

The pedal has a loop built into it
Not sure why exactly, but yeah thats what he's probably using
i have found my ns2 works way better just as a noise gate. i put it after all my effects and just use it to keep my rig quiet between chords and during stops. i didnt have much sucsess with it using it in a loop for noise reduction. i never had a feedback problem, but it changed my tone and killed my attack. i would say just run it at the end and go straight through it, u will get better results
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Im plugged into the ns2 first from my guitar.

Ya Im using the loop, so you guys are basically sayin just try to hook it up in different ways?
well its not gonna hurt!.. go for it
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
shouldn't your ns2 be last in your chain. like

guitar>OD>MM>NS2>amp
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
well I just ran from my guitar into my metal master, then od808, then ns2 and the ns2 didnt do anything at all. The feedback was horrible :s Im just gonna have to keep switching **** around.