New here and I'm not sure where to post this but I'm very impatient. I have owned the rock house method DVD's for about 2 months or more and I don't feel I've gained too much from them. I also own three paul gilbert dvd's and I think they are a little much for me right now. So my question is what should I order?.. I need a complete complete method and I'm thinking about trying the Tony Stetina method but don't know if it's worth it. Money isn't really a problem with buying as many books as I can. I'm also going to get rock discipline with John Petrucci if it's any good and whatever else anyone can suggest. So... What should I buy?
honestly i think that you should get a teacher. beginners should learn from another person unless they are extrememly good with teaching themselves. up to you, but i think you should learn from a friend or something.
.:Just because you can sweep pick doesn't make you good:.
That's the problem. I work on the road and move around a lot so it's not possible. That's why i need the books and videos....
go to musiciansfriend.com and read the reviews on some of the books/dvd's that should help im thinking of purchasing some books soon also prolly just scale charts and chord charts but I might get an instructional one as well
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Quote by punk_metal2007
go to musiciansfriend.com and read the reviews on some of the books/dvd's that should help im thinking of purchasing some books soon also prolly just scale charts and chord charts but I might get an instructional one as well

this is a good idea.

or you could check out some of the lessons on this site or other various websites. You don't have to spend money to learn to play guitar. There are several people out there, like the one's on this site, who are willing to give pointers and quick help and lessons for free.
.:Just because you can sweep pick doesn't make you good:.
Quote by Ryte
this is a good idea.

or you could check out some of the lessons on this site or other various websites. You don't have to spend money to learn to play guitar. There are several people out there, like the one's on this site, who are willing to give pointers and quick help and lessons for free.

yes very good idea because I could honestly say if I didnt know about this site or www.cyberfret.com today I would still be playing smoke on the waters riff haha
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
I bought a Troy Stetina instructional book a long time ago called "Heavy Metal Lead Guitar" vol. 1 with cassette (I said a long time ago ). For what it was, I learned alot of things that I use today but there were alot of questions I had and noone to answer them.
John Petrucci's "Rock Discipline" is VERY intense and technical. Not for the noob or the faint of heart...your fingers will beg for mercy. This course assumes you're at an intermediate level and have all the basics down pat. If you're up for the challenge it's worth it.
If you can't get a teacher, the Stetina series are very good. Hope you find what you're looking for!!