so, im thinking of building a bass guitar kinda, and im gtting the neck off ebay and i found 2 good 5 string necks...one has frets, the other doesnt...

which would be better?? for a beginner? ive never played a bass before, but i thought itd be cool to start out with one i built ya know?? so yeah...frets? or fretless?

(and the fretless doesnt come with fretmarkers either so id have to do that if i got that...)

but i saw a led neck on ebay, so i was thinknig if i do get the fretless, i could put in those fretmarkers and use those...but i dunno. might cost too much
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass
B (Fender Strat Knock off)

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
Definitely With Frets!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
i wouldn't want to learn the basics on a fretless...but fretless is definitely cooler if you think you're man enough...i tremble at the thought of starting out on one though...
A fretted would be the better choice. Though on a fretless you get more precise(sp) on the finger placements and notes.
Quote by -February-Star-
Real bassists know about different techniques and are aware of the merits and applications of each.

Because we're the least ignorant, most hardworking and most talented musicians in the world. We also surpass all others in general awesomeness.
fretless may be slower at first, but you'd progress faster after a while. plus you get pricise quickly, i spent time with a fretless guitar after i'd played for a while and it definitely improved my playing quicker, and with bass theres no real downsides (unfretted guitar can be a lot harder/impossible to do some chords) you can also do some more creative stuff and play with microtones
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?