I have a couple BOSS pedals and a Digitech, and might have an acoustic pedal soon. ANYWAY...

What I wanna know is: Can I set them up so that if I turn on my acoustic pedal, my distortion pedal would turn off automaticly? Or do I NEED a special pedal board for it?

Any help would be appreciated.
Hate to say it, but that's why god gave you two feet. Improvise and try not to fall on your ass.
you can get a line splitter and have the acoustic simulator on one line and the distortion on the other, and switch between teh two....

but other than that, not as far as I know
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
that wouldn't be possible without some SERIOUS mod work done to the pedals themselves, not just a fancy pedal board.

Disclaimer : im a pedal modding noob so my idea of serious work is probably different from someone who is experienced

just learn to time your footwork to get them to turn off and on when you need them to
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Quote by NaivexLi
you can get a line splitter and have the acoustic simulator on one line and the distortion on the other, and switch between teh two....

but other than that, not as far as I know

That was going to be my suggestion.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
The only way to do that is to get a switcher and have both on at the same time. hitting the line splitter would turn one on and the othe off basically, so get one. theyre only maybe $40 or less.
^ if you do that make sure to have a power supply because unless im mistaken that would involve leaving both pedals on just switching between channels
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
A friend of mine made a thing with a wooden plank, it was placed on top his delay and flanger (He likes playing pink floyd medleys). It worked pretty well but he needed to put his pedals on a horizontal position so the foot pressure on the plank activated both pedals.

Edit: D'oh... Misunderstood you there buddy Forget about the plank.
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Last edited by Omni-Ragnarok at Sep 19, 2007,
Quote by Synyster Gates
^ if you do that make sure to have a power supply because unless im mistaken that would involve leaving both pedals on just switching between channels

not necessarily. it just means you dont have to do both at exactly the same moment. as you're approaching the moment of change, you turn on the one you'll need, then switch when you need to, then turn off the one you dont need. easy peasy.

but anyway, switching multiple pedals on and off at the same time is fun. i'm working on getting three at once now
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Synyster Gates
that wouldn't be possible without some SERIOUS mod work done to the pedals themselves, not just a fancy pedal board.

Disclaimer : im a pedal modding noob so my idea of serious work is probably different from someone who is experienced

just learn to time your footwork to get them to turn off and on when you need them to

Footwork's easy for me, I'm just getting lazy.
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok
A friend of mine made a thing with a wooden plank, it was placed on top his delay and flanger (He likes playing pink floyd medleys). It worked pretty well but he needed to put his pedals on a horizontal position so the foot pressure on the plank activated both pedals.

Edit: D'oh... Misunderstood you there buddy Forget about the plank.

Actually, that idea would work. If one is off and the other is on, the plank would turn them vice versa. GENIUS!!
Does anyone know the song that goes: ba ba bah, ba ba buh, bu ba bum, ba ba bah, ba bu buh, bu bu bum, bu ba bu bu bum baam?
Heh, I've thought of doing that plank idea for my boss pedals, but I'm still trying to think of a way to have them both able to be footswitched individually.

Anyways, what you're looking for is a Loop switch, like the Boss Line Selector.
You basically plug your guitar into this little box, then it has 2 sends and 2 returns, in which you hook up 2 (or more) pedals. Then theres a switch to choose with 'loop' you want to use, and theres an output to your amp/other effects.

If I make my musicianship into full career, I am definately gonna buy a Gig Rig though (www.thegigrig.com). Its like, 10 loop switchers in one, so cool.

On the other hand, you can just learn how to use both your feet in changing from acoustic effects to distortion. I'd only really start considering a loop pedal if I wanted to go from clean/chorus/delay to overdrive/wah for instance.