Okay i really dont need a loud amp to get the police to my door but my little 15 watt fender amp sounds so tinny because i think the speaker is so small. Can you get something that is beefy but not actually too loud. I dont even go to 5 on the 15watt i have now.
that little Zvex ( i think) 1/2 watt tube amp head iwth a 1x12 cab

EDIT: z vex nano
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Last edited by ssguitar at Sep 19, 2007,
Whats your price range? Go as big as you can, just dont turn it up all the way.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON

If he wants a tube amp, it won't sound as good if he doesn't turn it up.
Epi Valve jr. or Valve special. All-tube, 5w. good for a bedroom amp, maybe even more.
It depends on how much you want to spend. You can get a Roland Micro Cube that would sound good at lower volumes, but I suggest getting something at least 50 solid state watts in case you ever want to jam with anyone you wont be quieter than everyone else...
Epiphone Valve Junior or Crate v8 palomino. Either one is 5 watts tube.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON

sorry i didnt specify guys.. i want something that is top of the range. I could spend about £2000 or $4000 on it..i know i can spend much less but i have the cash at the moment.

has to be really small low wattage but im taking it through a vader 4x12 cabinet my uncle bought me because i want it beefy like the 'and justice for all metallica sound'
Quote by which ones pink
Ooo, that's quite a wad of cash. What kind of music do you play?

Perhaps a Mesa 5:25 or an Orange Tiny Terror, both have switches that go from 5 to 25 and 7 to 15 watts respectively.

so the mesa head can do 5 watts??. is it okay to run the mesa 525 combo though a 4x12? i play jazz to metal. thanks
Well you don't have to run it through your cab, but if has an external speaker out you can. Also the most gain you will get out of it is probably early metal, but that is easily remedied with an OD.
Quote by which ones pink
Well you don't have to run it through your cab, but if has an external speaker out you can. Also the most gain you will get out of it is probably early metal, but that is easily remedied with an OD.

no but i have a high quality big speaker 4x12 so i want to run it through for tone and beefyness
Quote by ssguitar
that little Zvex ( i think) 1/2 watt tube amp head iwth a 1x12 cab

EDIT: z vex nano

Meh, too expensive IMO, if the amp is not able to get the speakers going, it's not going to sound too beefy.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by km412
no but i have a high quality big speaker 4x12 so i want to run it through for tone and beefyness

IMO, get a nice 1x12 for home, Speaker distortion= beefyness, and you won't get that from your 4x12.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

^ugh, speaker distortion = muddiness. not everyone likes it, and the beefiness has more to do with the voicing of the amp, guitar used, equalization, and speaker eq. speaker distortion is pretty low on the food chain.
Quote by TehJermie
^ugh, speaker distortion = muddiness. not everyone likes it, and the beefiness has more to do with the voicing of the amp, guitar used, equalization, and speaker eq. speaker distortion is pretty low on the food chain.

I enjoy a speaker with nice breakup
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
I enjoy a speaker with nice breakup

hey, subjectivity my good man. i like em clean and neutral and my tone is plenty thick with an extra helping of beefy . but different strokes for different folks.
Quote by TehJermie
hey, subjectivity my good man. i like em clean and neutral and my tone is plenty thick with an extra helping of beefy . but different strokes for different folks.

Ai, si senor.

And plus I like skinny floppy strings, so I guess I'm a little off anyways.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Last edited by CORT noob at Sep 19, 2007,