got any ideas for acoustic protest music? i saw a bloke do a gig called jimmy one lung recently who was pretty good, kinda like an up to date bob dylan singing about all the social stuff, like an acoustic punk really. thing is i find it hard writing lyrics to and chord progression to acoustic songs (cuz power chords sound bloody awful on acoustic imo) most the riffs i come out with sound better electric and the lyrics i write are more about social stuff than politics (eg, dylan..) so any ideas

and i know i dared mention the word 'lyric' in a music thread, bollocks to the 'correct board' nazis
upon discussing Shay Laren..

Originally Posted by FloyDZeD
I googled her, and now I have a boner. Thanks a lot.

and horny things we done as youngsters, this one involving involving poo..

Quote by meh17
1 Toddler 1 Cup

epic
Billy Bragg? Some of Rancid's acoustic stuff?
I highly recommend that everyone interested in making money online join this site.

<3
billy bragg, good idea!! bit of a tosser but good musician all the same

Quote by meh17
1 Toddler 1 Cup

epic
Tom Morello's acoustic project, the Nightwatchman, is all acoustic protest music. The album has a few week songs, but it might be worth checking out.
one of the greatest albums ever, for any kind of music is "crime as forgiven by against me!" all acoustic and political too.
try reading the first post

Quote by meh17
1 Toddler 1 Cup

epic
"got any ideas for acoustic protest music?"

Do you mean ideas for how to write acoustic protest music, or ideas of different bands to listen to for acoustic protest music...? You vaguely mention lyricism and chord progressions, but nothing that specific.
I send you to the land of no return.

To the land of the acoustic forum.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.