and was wondering how the hell are you supposed to sit down and play it? its a v-shaped guitar and im getting it because i love the way it looks, sounds, feels, weighs and the low, low price of only 350 canadian. but still, i dont know how im gona sit with it. can UG be of any assistance?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
well, V shape guitars are mainly for shows. you shouldnt play it sitting. get a nice strap and some strap locks.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Or you can set the dip of the V on your right leg. Having the V shape kind of wrap around your leg.
Yeah, get a strap or deal with the V I'll take it off your hands for you
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Quote by Yanas
Or you can set the dip of the V on your right leg. Having the V shape kind of wrap around your leg.

like as if i were playing a classical guitar?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci

Writing music is hard D:
You can play a V sitting down, just rest the lower fin between your thighs, and have the V part rest on your right thigh, if your right handed.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Phillitalian
like as if i were playing a classical guitar?

Pretty much. Wearing a strap while sitting down helps a lot too.
Try it in the store before you buy it. Sit down and play it. I have never owned a V and it looks like it would be awkward to sit and play, but plenty of owners say its just fine. You probably just have to get used to it.
I don't think I would ever buy a V with the intention of it being a "sit down and jam" type of guitar.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Quote by 2_Fast_2_Vader
I don't think I would ever buy a V with the intention of it being a "sit down and jam" type of guitar.

its not, im gona go use it for band practice w/ friends and school

Quote by uldhppi
Try it in the store before you buy it. Sit down and play it. I have never owned a V and it looks like it would be awkward to sit and play, but plenty of owners say its just fine. You probably just have to get used to it.

i did and looked like a retard, thats why im asking :P
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci

Writing music is hard D:
I just looked at the guitar, and it shouldn't be too big of a problem. You should get used to it pretty quickly, and after that it feels just like every other guitar sitting down.