As the title says, I just scalloped my fretboard, and the outcome is great, but I did learn somethings while I filed and sanded away:

1. Scalloping takes forever
2. You can take away wood, but you can not put that wood back
3. Rosewood dust is very, very, very painful when you get it in your eye
4. You must be meticulous and keep checking your work every 30 seconds of filing
5. Realizing that you don't have any high E strings when you want to test your scalloping is a pain in the neck (pun somewhat intended?).
6. Scalloping is best done with a 1/4 inch half-round file, fine grain.
7. Scalloping is worth it, if you know how to do it right.

And that concludes my list of things. Anyways, the guitar I did it to was my old Epiphone SG Special (which turns out isn't very special). The problem with the Epi Specials is the neck is bolt on, so it's set about an inch further into the body of the guitar, I suppose this helps compensate for sustain lost with a bolt-on neck, but it also limits how far up you can play. I personally, scalloped the 18th-22nd frets, because those are the only ones that really give me any trouble. Now I just need to switch out the pickups (possibly for a Bill Lawrence 500L and a Dimebucker) and replace the tuning knobs with some higher-end Grovers. Anyways, this post is rambling on too much, and I just wanted to share some of that information with anyone else who is considering doing some scalloping work on their fretboards as well.
Unfortunately I have none, and I don't really have much of a camera, I'll see if I can snap one of it, but it won't be very high quality.
Quote by Dog454
Unfortunately I have none, and I don't really have much of a camera, I'll see if I can snap one of it, but it won't be very high quality.

neither will the scalloping job. . .

but seriously, I hope you were careful, usually when people do it themselves it turns out like crap.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I was, I didn't just whip out my file and go for it, I've been planning this out for about two weeks now, and even if it is crap to some, it sure beats the hell out of what it was before.
Quote by Dog454
I was, I didn't just whip out my file and go for it, I've been planning this out for about two weeks now, and even if it is crap to some, it sure beats the hell out of what it was before.

cool.

pics.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
im thinking about doing this to one of mine, pics please
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by Dog454
Now I just need to switch out the pickups (possibly for a Bill Lawrence 500L and a Dimebucker)

:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Dont do it i have one in my epi sg special and it is a muddy piece of crap. The body is plywood and i think it makes it even worse sounding