I know Me First and The Gimme Gimmes did a version of the Phantom Of The Opera song, but what over groups have done songs from musicals? And if you were to see a rockified song from a musical, what would you like to see?

I am only asking this since the lead singer and I in my band are big theater geeks, he's a classically trained singer(think choirs and broadway... he has a range and voice A LOT like Chris Cornell for rock, and he is a clean voiced baritone for theater/choirs), and I am a fourteen show veteran of the backstage community... So we'd kind off like to take stuff like "Red and Black" from Les Miserables and turn it into soundgarden/Muse type rock.

What would you like to see?
Last edited by Keef-is-king at Sep 19, 2007,
I'm pretty sure Iron Maiden - Phantom of the opera is in no way related to the Phantom of the Opera song you mean
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
Les Mis has some great music, i wanna see a death metal cover of Javert's Suicide scene
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
I'd love to help, but every play I've seen has been a show using another artists songs (We Will Rock You, Mama Mia) which doesn't help you a whole lot, but I'm sure Phantom of the Opera can go into a Muse-ish song.. who cares if its been done before.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I have a whole friggin' list of showtunes I would love to cover one day.

One of them is "June Is Bustin' Out All Over" from Carousel. Now THAT would be deck.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Last edited by K-Lizzle at Sep 19, 2007,
aaahmmmmm. the rock OPERA Tommy- by The Who

/thread
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
"Phantom of the Opera"- Nightwish. They did amazing, as well.

That's the only one that comes to mind, though. =/
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Or you could do "I Whistle A Happy Tune" from The King And I. That would sound amazing as a garage-y song.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.