Cmaj7

|7--7--7--7-x-|
|8--8--8--8-x-|
|9--9--9--9-x-|
|10-10-10-10-x-|
|x--x--x--x---|
|8--8--8--8---|

how exactly would you finger this chord? I cant find a correct way that feels comfortable.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Isn't playing it in open chord form easier?

go to all-guitar-chords.com and search up some variations that are easier to play.

EDIT: this is an easy Cmaj7 chord:

-x-
-8-
-9-
-9-
-x-
-8-
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Sep 19, 2007,
6th string index finger, 5th middle, 4th ring, 3rd piinky, 1st and mute 2nd with thumb. easy. maybe sort of twist the thumb and use the inside edge if its too much on your wrist. its not too tough, but i'm guessing you play classical or metal which is highly technical and discourages thumb use...
Last edited by rhakiath at Sep 19, 2007,
I usually leave off the bass note and just play this:

e--7-----------index finger
b--8-----------middle finger
g--9-----------ring finger
d--10----------pinky
a--x
e--x

But an easier way to play Cmaj7 is this:

e--3
b--5
g--4
d--5
a--3
e--x

for that one, just bar the 3rd fret with index finger and use your pinky on the b strings and your ring on g, and put your middle on the d strings
alright thanks guys. its for cant stop by the chili's and im a perfectionist so i wanted it to be as close as possible lol
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
easiest way to cmaj7 is x32000 its ridiculously simple open, the barre is a little tougher.
Quote by rhakiath
6th string index finger, 5th middle, 4th ring, 3rd piinky, 1st and mute 2nd with thumb. easy. maybe sort of twist the thumb and use the inside edge if its too much on your wrist. its not too tough, but i'm guessing you play classical or metal which is highly technical and discourages thumb use...

nope not at all. its more alternative for me. I just havent experienced playing with my thumb before, its a new concept for me. Ill give it a try tho. Thanks!
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
if you like that, then try adding an F# on the low E for the open D chord, 200232, and the lazy G using thumb on 3rd on low E and mute A 3xoo33. its the best way to play open chords without tying yourself in knots, and the bass note really fills out the acoustic chords. also it keeps some fingers out of the way, so less unintentional muting. its a useful practice esp for folk and acoustic stuff