Currently I am getting a roland cube 30x, I was wondering if I wanted to jam with my friend who is a drummer once I get better if it would sound ok through a cab? EDIT: The reason why I might want a cab is so I can disconnect it so it would be quiet enough for basement practice...
it doesnt even have a speaker output. line outs dont work for cabs.

you need to start looking at small tube combos, or maybe a large QUALITY solid state amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
But if you remember from my previous posts im just looking for a basement practice amp 30 SS watts max but in 6 months - 1 year I might jam with friends. so I would need heavy sound then...If I got let's say a Palamino V8 I would need to buy a distortion, chorus, reverb, delay and an EQ pedal, maybe more. That's the reason I asked if I could get a cab later on.
ahh, ok well i thought you were going to start jamming with a drummer now.

anyway. specifically, no. the cube isnt made to line out to a cab, nor would that make it much louder.

but yes, you can hear a 30 cube over a drummer in most cases.

and when you're ready to upgrade then make a new thread
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I was kind of thinking that because the cube series amps are advertised as "Alot of punch in a compact package". Can a cube 30x owner shed light on this?
im sorry, what is your specific question? if it's good?

you can hear the cube over a drummer.
you cant plug a cab into it without mods.
it's got punch, and good enough tone for a 30W SS amp. plenty of usable effects.

the only thing ive come across with the cube, lately the X series has been having some hum issues, mostly in part to it's 2 prong outlet plug.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

maybe valvetronix 100. They have a power output on the back, so they can be as loud as 5 watts or up to 100. You could just leave it on around 20-30 watts for basement practice and go up higher for playing with friends. It's a pretty good amp, for a hybrid. Don't try pedals though...
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
I heard hybrids=t3h phail because clipping raped the signal like on a SS (same thing could be said for SS and modeling amps I gues :/)...How good is it for metal? EDIT: I was thinking something no more than $300.
Last edited by Hellfire999 at Sep 19, 2007,
well if you are JUST a metal type of guy then look at randall in the $300 range.
you arent going to be killing the volume so cranking / clipping it wont be an issue.

also, so you know the older cube 60's are really good. and you can usually get one for about $300.
ive also seen B stock cube 60s for $300 online.

unless ur in canada or somewhere they pump up the price.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62