Page 1 of 2
the other thread gave me the idea. what do you think the guitars of the FUTURE will look, sound, play, perform like. and WHAT WILL THE DO!? seriously, guitars really havent changed much for a long time. I think that eventually guitars will be synth, with laser strings, and a computer in the back to set up your sound, all the effects (accept wah and such) will be on the guitar. and it will fold up so you can put it in a suit case
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
they'll be exactly the same for the most part

a few improvements but nothing drastic
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
maybe but that would be kind of dumb and expensive.
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
Enhancement pedals.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by orion284
maybe but that would be kind of dumb and expensive.

SHUN THE NON BELIEVER
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
wires will be connected to your head and you'll just play air guitar
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
I imagine that if they were much different they wouldn't be called guitars anymore.
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
guys im talking the WAY future. LIMITLESS TECHNOLOGY and you guys give me NOTHING!
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
Quote by Stoner stone
guys im talking the WAY future. LIMITLESS TECHNOLOGY and you guys give me NOTHING!

I don't want them to change.

Laser Strings? Lame.
Foldable guitar? Lame.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by phatsack

Lol, that syncs nicely with Kill Hannah xD
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Guitars will play themselves.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I hope it doesn't change often...My main fear is that eventually music will be all computers and there won't be any skill in it because of the damn studio, just look at Avril Lavigne you know she doesn't sing like that live : p.
Member of the grammar nazis.

Quote by Firenze

I remember the first time I "shaved" my pubes. I'm not gonna go into details, but I will tell you this: to this day, I don't understand why I thought using a combat knife would be a good idea...
Um.

There's a reason guitars haven't changed in a long time.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Quote by Vanquish
I don't want them to change.

Laser Strings? Lame.
Foldable guitar? Lame.

you disapoint me.
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
In the way future we won't have instruments. Our minds will be hooked right into a mainframe and we just think the music and immediately it is recorded and put onto myspace 6.0 or whatever. We'll all be directly connected to the internet at all times and 4chan will destroy humanity.
Quote by phatsack

I can't stop looking at this.....

Quote by gibson_lover_ga
just look at Avril Lavigne you know she doesn't sing like that live : p.

Is that sarcasm? She's actually got a fantastic voice. Look up some live acoustic performances on youtube.
Obviously, the body styles will change, but classic shapes will still be around

im sure there will be new types of pickups, trems, strings, etc. but nothing too drastic
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
At the bottem under the bridge will be an electric panel with the 12 notes where you can select what note each string is without having to change it manually.
unbreakable strings...

everything is wireless.

and they never go out of tune.

no matter how much you use the trem.

and the wood should secrete natural lubricant so it never feels dry.
I think it will be all techno homoish
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
either air guitars

or those MIDI guitars will be commonplace and take over with like any programmable sound and like touch sensitive strum pad or something
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
they almost have to change, as does every instrument. IMO. Almost every riff on guitar has been done (well in key) and were starting to hear alot of repeated riffs, and the such. Plus i think a computerized guitar would be sweet, for these reasons:
Portability, you could take with you almost anywhere (if it folded)
Tuning, digital strings dont need matinence.
Sound, by then almost any sound could be near perfectly emulated, plus you could get some insane bucket head esque effects.
Beginers would have everything they need (you could plug headphones into the guitar) to start out in one little package.
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
MIDI guitars are the future. It's just a new brand and it still needs to evolve.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

You said it your self threadstarter, 'guitars haven't changed for a long time', and they aren't going to in the future.

They've been the same for the past 100 years, because they work. Why change something that you know gets the job done anyway?
if they are like you say, threadstarter, everyone will be a "musician" and make crappy "music". guitars have stayed the same for a long time because the people that play them, want to PLAY them not have a computer "play" it for them
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
Quote by dfc_jebus
unbreakable strings...

everything is wireless.

and they never go out of tune.

no matter how much you use the trem.

and the wood should secrete natural lubricant so it never feels dry.

..but how will they make money if u never have to buy strings?
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
You said it your self threadstarter, 'guitars haven't changed for a long time', and they aren't going to in the future.

They've been the same for the past 100 years, because they work. Why change something that you know gets the job done anyway?

you could say that about alot of things. improvement is very important.
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
Quote by orion284
if they are like you say, threadstarter, everyone will be a "musician" and make crappy "music". guitars have stayed the same for a long time because the people that play them, want to PLAY them not have a computer "play" it for them

but a computer wouldnt play them. they would just be like keyboards, don't you think piano players had a similar discusion wayyyyy back when keyboards didn't exist?
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
Quote by Stoner stone
you could say that about alot of things. improvement is very important.

Uh..okay? What is there to improve upon with a guitar? Correct me I'm wrong, but all the wonderful music we've been blessed with over the years seems perfectly fine with me.

Guitars aren't going to change, period. You may see things get more 'digital' (to put it like that), but the basic principles of a guitar will not change.
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Uh..okay? What is there to improve upon with a guitar? Correct me I'm wrong, but all the wonderful music we've been blessed with over the years seems perfectly fine with me.

Guitars aren't going to change, period. You may see things get more 'digital' (to put it like that), but the basic principles of a guitar will not change.

all i am saying is that almost every other instrument has gone digital in some way (able to make sounds NOT possible to make on the insrument accoustically, i.e doorbells/rave music) accept the string family. and listen to bucket head, it almost doesnt even sound like a guitar when he plays it (well if you didnt play guitar...i thought it he was playing synth when if first heard some of his stuff). Im not saying all guitar will be like that but maybe just solos and lead or maybe musicians will just add the effects to there writing. eventually guitar WILL CHANGE.
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
that new strat that came out....from what i read in a mucsiansfriend magazine (while i was taking a dump) it sounds like you dont really have to tune it...it has a weird ass pickup thing behind the bridge and it has a 2 knobs: one changes its sound, so it can sound like a tele, a strat, humbuckers that kinda stuff...and the other one is tuneing....anyone have that strat? sounds sweet (even though i hate fenders...itd be awsome if shecter and ibanez put that into their guitars)

sorry for all the punctuation/grammer/spelling errors....im not in school so stfu lol
UG's HIPPIE
i have a feeling a lot of creativity would be lost, because it would be like anyone could "shred" and stuff you know
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by Stoner stone
all i am saying is that almost every other instrument has gone digital in some way (able to make sounds NOT possible to make on the insrument accoustically, i.e doorbells/rave music) accept the string family. and listen to bucket head, it almost doesnt even sound like a guitar when he plays it (well if you didnt play guitar...i thought it he was playing synth when if first heard some of his stuff). Im not saying all guitar will be like that but maybe just solos and lead or maybe musicians will just add the effects to there writing. eventually guitar WILL CHANGE.

Thats not changing a guitar at all.

Of course you'll hear new sounds and effects. Thats already been happening for many years, buddie. But a guitar won't change, just like I said, it may get more 'digital'.

Going more 'digital' is not changing the basic principles of the guitar, all it is is a new way for you to effect your guitar tone. And to be honest, thats not even part of the future, because thats part of the now.
Quote by Stoner stone
they almost have to change, as does every instrument. IMO. Almost every riff on guitar has been done (well in key) and were starting to hear alot of repeated riffs, and the such. Plus i think a computerized guitar would be sweet, for these reasons:
Portability, you could take with you almost anywhere (if it folded)
Tuning, digital strings dont need matinence.
Sound, by then almost any sound could be near perfectly emulated, plus you could get some insane bucket head esque effects.
Beginers would have everything they need (you could plug headphones into the guitar) to start out in one little package.
YOUR future is here NOW

Rock on Junior. The big boys will deal with the present.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Page 1 of 2