Which do you recommend (I play Metal)
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Standard Telecaster Ash MIM
Fender Vibro Champ XD
Its a preference neither is better at metal. Decide for yourself
EDIT: damn why wont it capitalize? im trying to make a point!
Ok.
1. There are no such things as strings for playing metal.
2. What do you tune to?
I personally like D'addario (I don't know how to pronounce it!) over DR. However, now I'm using Elixers (9's) and they're pretty good.

Quote by JWD192005
Ok.
1. There are no such things as strings for playing metal.
2. What do you tune to?

If he's playing metal, he'll most likely drop to D.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
I hve never used d'addario for electics, but I have used DR dimebag series and they work very well for me. Good tone and they last a long time if you take care of them.
I use either D standard or db standard.
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Standard Telecaster Ash MIM
Fender Vibro Champ XD
Ernie Ball, Regular Slinky 7 String Set 10-56 or 11-58 is best for metal

7 string sets, gives you 4 wound strings vrs 3 in a 6pack, and gives you choices for the smaller strings
D'addario, .09 for standard tuning, if you drop tune most of the time you may wanna go .10 guage.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
DRs are the best string in existence. Second best are Balls, partially because I love the srings, but also because its funny when you tell people "Oh yea, i love playing with balls"
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
I'm currently using D'Addario.

There is really no difference in wound string from company to company, and chances are your favorite company is using repackaged D'Addario strings because D'Addario is the worlds largest string manufacturer. The only difference I've found in strings is how long it takes for the plain strings to rust. Ernie ball's just don't cut it for me.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
There are alot of good strings out there and most are under $6.00 a set these days. Maybe brand isn't so important. Have you considered changing Guages? Strings with 0.008 or 0.009 High E's are very lite! Easy to bend on but don't have as much power as say 0.010's. Heavier strings will also entail tweaking your guitar setup (Truss-Rod, intonation and you may even be able to lower your strings a bit closer to the fingerboard). It will be harder to bend on for a while but you'll eventually strengthen your fingers till you don't notice anymore. Heavy strings can be struck/picked harder as well and chords don't tend to detune as much when you grip them overly hard.
I have had problems with dr titefits, might be me though. the low e snapped when i put it on. yes it snapped. 52 gauged.. so anyways they sound great when i played them on my buds guitar. and thye feel a lot better than d'arrdio(sp?) anwhos, D'arddios didnt feel too good too me. my favorite strings in this order are:

Elixirs nanoweb
EB slinkies
DR

i want to get some dean markleys, Rotosound and those Snake oil brand stings next time though.
lol I love all the "such and such are the bestest strings EVEREST!"

THERE IS NO BETTER OR WORSE, TARDS!

Gah. Grow up.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
lol I love all the "such and such are the bestest strings EVEREST!"

THERE IS NO BETTER OR WORSE, TARDS!

Gah. Grow up.

they just feel different to different people they all sound about the same
Quote by schecter30
Which do you recommend (I play Metal)

This question is ridiculous. These kinds of threads are ridiculous. It doesn't make a blind bit of difference whether a pack of Brand A strings is better at 'doing metal' than Brand B strings.

Sick of these kinds of threads - what'll be next, which strap is better for metal? Which breakfast cereal is better for jazz? Which Military Service should I join if I want to play funk?

Just use some common sense, please!
sorry to be a dick, but the guage of strings can and does actually make a difference to the tone, not a lot, but enough to warrant geting the right ones.

for metal style playing i'd go for 10's or something like that, dependg on your tuning

10's for E Standard, Drop D, D Standard, Drop C#
11's for anything lower
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
sorry to be a dick, but the guage of strings can and does actually make a difference to the tone, not a lot, but enough to warrant geting the right ones.

Between gauges, yes, just, but between certain brands? Minimal at best
Quote by Don_Humpador
Between gauges, yes, just, but between certain brands? Minimal at best

Indeed, its all feel. that said, I prefer the feel of DR 9s for most uses. They also last longer and don't take near as long to break in it seems. I've also never had one break while playing. My second favorite is Ernie Ball. I also use GHS Zakk Wyldes sometimes. (though lately I've been sticking to DRs).
Quote by CJRocker
Indeed, its all feel. that said, I prefer the feel of DR 9s for most uses. They also last longer and don't take near as long to break in it seems. I've also never had one break while playing. My second favorite is Ernie Ball. I also use GHS Zakk Wyldes sometimes. (though lately I've been sticking to DRs).

also depends how hard you hit them , all brands seem to last a while to me, but I go through a set every 3 1/2 months, but they loose quality about that time with me, your supposed to replace them every 100 hours of playing, but you can still get good sound out of them but technically not as well but you can't tell the difference

buy every brand and try them out for your self strings aren't expensive anyways
I prefer DR.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by Don_Humpador
This question is ridiculous. These kinds of threads are ridiculous. It doesn't make a blind bit of difference whether a pack of Brand A strings is better at 'doing metal' than Brand B strings.

Sick of these kinds of threads - what'll be next, which strap is better for metal? Which breakfast cereal is better for jazz? Which Military Service should I join if I want to play funk?

Just use some common sense, please!

THANK you! +1

And Ive been been here long enough to see some pretty moronic threads. "Which pick for a heavy metal sound?" or "Will this work as a PA for a 200+ person show? (Insert picture of 10watt Squire practice amp)". lol
I have only played for 2 months and when i first got my guitar off ebay i got ernie ball super slinkys and they have been great, i will probably change them in another couple of months when they start going rusty.