The Sky’s The Limit

All the time I sit and wonder why
Why the angels get to fly
Why I’m stuck down here in hell
I guess it’s not as bad
As leaving here without you
But I know
Things will never ever be the same(again)

(Verse)
That’s why I know
That the sky is the limit
The sky is the limit for us
And with each hour gone
There will be no right or wrong
The ground is so broken
That is why
The sky is The Limit Tonight

No more fears or doubts
Or promises unkept
No earth to trample on
Just the sky were floating in
My mind is now clearing
The Weather is perfect
That is why were going flying tonight

All the promises we made
Would have never been the same
I swear I would’nt have lied
But now everything’s alright
Stars are only holes to heaven
Once we get through we’ll be fine
We’ll do everything in time

Verse x2

The skys the limit for us
And I wanted you to know
That hell will never keep us
And our love will go on

Suggestions c4c?
"You've got to dance like nobody else is watching.
Dream like you will live forever.
Live like you're going to die tomorrow,
and love like it is never gonna hurt."
-- James Dean (1931-1955)

Quote by JakeTheDuck
This man has the right idea.

^
oh yeahhh
not bad, but i think theres that lil wayne song 'the sky is the limit' kinda throws me off. but yeah lyric wise its cool.

sorry for the waste of space, im not expecting a crit on anything. good job.
yeh tht lil wayne song pisses me off lol
"You've got to dance like nobody else is watching.
Dream like you will live forever.
Live like you're going to die tomorrow,
and love like it is never gonna hurt."
-- James Dean (1931-1955)

Quote by JakeTheDuck
This man has the right idea.

^
oh yeahhh
wasn't fond of the second line of it.

It's not a very poetically moving piece, but you have some nice lines throughout. I would presume that with music this could be quite a nice little song.

it gets a little tedious towards the end unfortunatly. It just got me a little bored I suppose, which is a shame, but I'm almost certain that wouldn't happen if I was listening to the song and not reading the lyrics.

Generally, I think this could do with a revision and a bit of moving around lines that could be better, but as song lyrics, it's pretty good. nice work.

maybe you could give an opinion on myn? - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=676093
Pretty nice piece you have going here. I like the theme you used. it seems to flow pretty well and the wording is for the most part very well done. However there are a few thing that I would change. First of all the third line of the first stanza needs to be changed. It just seemed too dramatic for this piece, which seems kind of upbeat to me. Also the last line of the first stanza should be changed to something like "Nothing will ever..." I just don't like words like "things" or "stuff" to be used in poetry/lyrics. It just seems too unpoetic. Also i'm not sure how it is when it's sung, but on paper, the second to last line of the second stanza needs more words. Maybe something like "And baby that's why". (I usually don't like to use the word "baby" but I think it would work here). The last stanza was a nice sentiment to end the piece on and the "Stars are only holes to heaven" was a very cool line. Anywas, I'm looking forward to reading more from you.

Crti mine please
Torn Calendar