Page 1 of 2
Everybody's got guilty pleasure songs. Songs that you shouldn't like but do. But I have guilty pleasure artists. I LOVE No Doubt, and I kinda like Fergie, and Simon and Garfunkel. Anybody got some of their own?

BTW I don;t mean bands your ashamed of. I'm not ashamed of anything I listen to. The term guilty pleasure is only a turn of phrase.
Last edited by Ibanez Junkie at Sep 19, 2007,
Quote by The Madcap
Lily Allen is mine.

Lily Allen is a babe

i am not ashamed of anything i listen too, except i get crap for being ableo to listen to Blink 182 Tool and Jurassic 5 go figure
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Usually it's Michael Jackson but I'm not ashamed of what I listen to....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
im gonna go with smile by lily allen and yes i dont like your girlfriend- avril lavinge
Quote by dethofmoo
haha you said shlong. that means penis. haha your hair is like a penis. penis-hair!

Quote by Vin2254
I once strummed so hard the earth cracked in two and satan rose from the firey pits of hell and marveled in my glorious strumming abilities. True story.
Tupacs older music. It's good poetry and i enjoy what he has to say most of the time..

Bitches and 5 million in his pocket? Nah, not so much... Something with actual meaning and deepness, yes.

EDIT: ^^ MSI is weird right. I enjoy their sound and their randomized brain waves..
Quote by Derek <3's You!
EDIT: ^^ MSI is weird right. I enjoy their sound and their randomized brain waves..

I love their easy as hell bass lines. ^.^ Perfect to go nuts with and jump off things. But still.. I would never let anyone except my closest friends listen to anything besides "Golden I" for fear of them thinking I'm insane...
1973 - James Blunt
Actually his all new albulm kicks ass i downloaded it off bitlord
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
avril lavigne.....

shut up
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Quote by Rockford_rocks
I'm not ashamed of what I listen to. At all.
The phrase basically means Music that is somewhat emasculine, aswell as being quite different for your musical tastes. He even states on the last sentence that he doesn't mean music that brings one shame to listen to.
As I Lay Dying
All That Remains

That's about it, the rest of my music I'm not guilty about.
The way I are by Timbaland... I love it : (

And Umbrella, ella, ella, eh, eh. my band covered it, it was badass.
Elton John
Counting Crows
Simon and Garfunkel
Sarah Mclachlan

I'm not ashamed of what I listen to. It's just not my normal tastes.
Member #9 of the Carvin club
Quote by The Madcap
The phrase basically means Music that is somewhat emasculine, aswell as being quite different for your musical tastes. He even states on the last sentence that he doesn't mean music that brings one shame to listen to.

True, but I really dislike the phrase "guilty pleasure". It always makes me think it means you feel guilty about liking it.

In that case, I'd have to say Paramore or AFI.
Quote by captainjackass
Holiday by greenday

some songs by american Hi-Fi

+1
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
I usually have good enough justification for who I listen to, so I've got no reason to be embarassed by any of it.
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
Quote by Rockford_rocks
I'm not ashamed of what I listen to. At all.

+1
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Quote by SteelToedGirl
I love their easy as hell bass lines. ^.^ Perfect to go nuts with and jump off things. But still.. I would never let anyone except my closest friends listen to anything besides "Golden I" for fear of them thinking I'm insane...

Haha, faggot isn't a good choice.. my sister thinks im a weirdo now.

Not as bad as when i went cruising through madison blaring an old shotgun messiah album. LOL niggas were looking like WTF! Also, my lame metal only friends were all like "dude, come on.. duuuuude, what is this ****? I like the guitar player though."

I guess i wouldn't come off as a glam rocker. ROFL, i like their tunes though also.
Quote by Derek <3's You!
Haha, faggot isn't a good choice.. my sister thinks im a weirdo now.

Not as bad as when i went cruising through madison blaring an old shotgun messiah album. LOL niggas were looking like WTF! Also, my lame metal only friends were all like "dude, come on.. duuuuude, what is this ****? I like the guitar player though."

I guess i wouldn't come off as a glam rocker. ROFL, i like their tunes though also.

Yeah.. if you're trying to make new friends, also avoid letting them listen to "I Hate Jimmy Page"... especially if they're huge Led Zeppelin fans. lol! (even though they don't even talk about Jimmy Page.. 0.o)

Blaring music anywhere = dangerous.. People are so insane when it comes to that stuff >.<

Also.. contradicting my MSI passion.. I so love Yellowcard.. except for the song "The Only One" or whatever it is.. I don't like that.
Quote by The Madcap
Lily Allen is mine.
rofl her song Alfie's pretty funny if you listen to lyrics!

As for the guy who said All That Remains, they're really good and I don't see why you consider it a shame to listen to them... (I'm a metal guy too but they're good so... why not??)
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Quote by SteelToedGirl
Yeah.. if you're trying to make new friends, also avoid letting them listen to "I Hate Jimmy Page"... especially if they're huge Led Zeppelin fans. lol! (even though they don't even talk about Jimmy Page.. 0.o)

Blaring music anywhere = dangerous.. People are so insane when it comes to that stuff >.<

Also.. contradicting my MSI passion.. I so love Yellowcard.. except for the song "The Only One" or whatever it is.. I don't like that.

Yellowcard eh? May i ask, PORQUE?
Michelle Branch FTW
Duckksecks

Duck #5 of the African Water Hole fan club PM findingmyway to join!
Dragonforce.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by Derek <3's You!
Yellowcard eh? May i ask, PORQUE?

Because the lead singer is hot, blonde, and they have a hot guy playing an electric violin... even if you can't always hear it..

I love it when you can hear it though.. like in Lights and Sounds.
I've recently fallen in love with MSI.
I like Yellowcard, and some (as in like 3 or 4 songs) by Simple Plan.
Umbrella makes me cry sometimes (personal stuff, long story)
John Mayer is amazing, but I'd never admit that to my friends.
Maroon 5, and this ska band called Five Iron Frenzy are pretty good artists too.

If anyone lives in the Tampa Bay area,
and ever hears of a band called 'Shotglass Superstitions'
I deny EVER saying that..>.>...<.<...

There's more, but I'm just too lazy to type more.
I dont know how many people have heard her but, Melissa Williamson...she did a couple songs for the silent hill 3 soundtrack
Nothing.

Why be ashamed for liking a band/artist?

OH NOES! I WIL GIT RIDICEWLED!!!

Who cares? Listen to what you like, and ignore all that disagree. It's YOUR tastes in music, not theirs.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
To the threadstarter:
Why is Simon and Garfunkel a guilty pleasure?
Death to Ovation haters!
Page 1 of 2