Hey guys here's the dealio-yo: I don't have the money yet. But when I do, I want to know what I should look for/get.

I play heavy metal. (eg. Children of Bodom, Metallica, Wintersun, Ensiferum, Nightwish, and a bunch of other stuff..)

I need a guitar that will suit my musical taste. I have a Digitech GNX1 that gives me some pretty bad-buttocks distortion from my little Epi LP Jr.

Specs:
24 Frets
Preferrably a tremolo system
High gain pickups and guitar in general
Does not have to be new...(ya i know..but i dont have a lot of cash)

So that's what I'm looking for. I've gotten sick of playing Bodom on my Epi LP. It's time for an upgrade.

The 24 Frets and the high gain are important for me because I need to be able to play up high and sweep up high. And I need to be able to do pinch harmonics easily.

Thanks alot for your time.

EDIT: Ok forget the price....I'll fix that somehow..Lol..
Last edited by Jonjy2 at Sep 19, 2007,
I'd get a better amp first, as it's about 80+ percent of your sound. I'd also suggest saving up more, you have very few choices in that price range, for either amp or guitar.

A Crate Palomino + overdrive pedal might do it for an amp. As for guitar, you might be able to find an Ibanez S on Ebay, or if you get really lucky an RG570.
jackson RR24
its around 1250
but its basically everything you described
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR. Got an original floyd rose, set neck, active EMG pickups, 24 frets, and can even get some very decent clean tone out of the neck pickup, so it's great for more than just metal. I got mine for around $900.
I smell that you need some Jackson RR24! Its got a Original floyd rose,neck through body construction,Active EMG humbucker(great for Bodom songs),Alder body,Maple neck with ebony fretboard,24 frets...its pretty much like Alexi Laihos old wildchild guitar that got stolen. BUT I figured you dont wanna put a fortune to it then buy a RR3...amazing guitar for the price..its got only 22 frets tho but tis a great guitar.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
Last edited by phenom1991 at Oct 21, 2007,
I could never find a metal guitar, most of them were made out of wood.
^^You fail...i didnt lol :p
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

Quote by Jaffaps2

Silly dick.

Anyway, as said, a Schecter Hellraiser FR will probably be your best bet, unless you up your budget for the RR24, or Washburn X40 Pro if you want a standard shape.
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Silly dick.

Anyway, as said, a Schecter Hellraiser FR will probably be your best bet, unless you up your budget for the RR24, or Washburn X40 Pro if you want a standard shape.

Manky penis

Akward wang

Anyway,

why not look for a used Ibanez RG5XX and above?

Good tremolo, great quality and they're Japanese made.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 21, 2007,
^^Yes or Ibanez S series...they got the Zero point tremolos :Cheers:
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

Quote by Jaffaps2

Lmao. Sigged.

Anyway, I've played the B.C. Rich WMD Warbeast over at GC. Holy crap. It plays amazingly, the Rockfield pickups sound INCREDIBLE, and it's even comfortable on your lap despite its spikeyness. And of course, it looks badass.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.