Been playing for years, musical preferences are Metal, Blues/Jazz and Classical. I am adept at the guitar yet I know NOTHING about gear. I have an Ibanez RG Series Black Solid Neck guitar with the floyd rose system (http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/images/all/eg_photo.gif)

What would be some viable upgrades to my guitar's pickups based on the music I like? Specifically I'm really into Steve Vai, Behold... The Arctopus, Megadeth, Dragonforce, Al Di Meola, Ron Jarzombek/Spastic Ink, Racer X, Rush just to name a few. I don't have any prefered Jazz/Blues guitarist because I have only recently started listening. Just like random jams with the related scales I know.

Please help.
Dunno much about your amp, but it's a modelling amp and in all honesty pickups aren't going to make an awful lot of difference through it...your money would be better invested in a new amp. That's not to say your amp is bad, it might be pretty good, but the way it produces the sound means that pickups don't play much part in things so they'd be a waste of money.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com