i have a peavey valveking 112, and since i mostly play metal this amp does not fit my needs. I love the cleans, and the light gain sounds...but if u play metal u DON"T want this amp. I bought it in mid june and it is still in pristine condition...it comes with the footswitch, also in new condition.

i want about 350 shipped but will go lower, i ship to the continental us, and prefer paypal, but if paypal is unavailable pm me and we can work something out
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
buy a wah wah pedal. Easier to use, and you won't have to re-tune your guitar after you use it.
i think ill bump this topic
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
buy a wah wah pedal. Easier to use, and you won't have to re-tune your guitar after you use it.
pm sent
Member #2 of the Mike Patton Worshippers club p.m. lalalama 2 to join

listen to metal.
bump
Member #2 of the Mike Patton Worshippers club p.m. lalalama 2 to join

listen to metal.
i think ill bump this up
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
i'm interested... how does the amp handle metallica/megadeth stuff? that's mostly what i plan to play on it if i get it
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
You dont read well do you, like the first thing he said was that it doesn't handle Metal well....
Quote by ep1kz
i'm interested... how does the amp handle metallica/megadeth stuff? that's mostly what i plan to play on it if i get it

well it can get an ok 80s metal tone, but an overdrive pedal could do the trick
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
Quote by livingontheedge
can i ask your location?

im located in Livingston, Newjersey
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
Quote by livingontheedge
ah not that far away from philadelphia, i'll let you know if can get the money.

sounds good
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
Bump!!!!!!!!
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
Can it pull off punk? I'm interested.
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
Quote by Scum_PunkRocker
Can it pull off punk? I'm interested.

yes it could pull off a decent punk sound
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
Quote by hschecter
yes it could pull off a decent punk sound

I'm assuming more of an American sound. Does it have a typical Peavey sound? Loud enough for stage use? Will it stay clean at stage volume on the clean channel? Is $350 shipped to S. Ontario possible?

I'm considering this.
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
Quote by Scum_PunkRocker
I'm assuming more of an American sound. Does it have a typical Peavey sound? Loud enough for stage use? Will it stay clean at stage volume on the clean channel? Is $350 shipped to S. Ontario possible?

I'm considering this.

i've played gigs, and i can tell you it is loud enough for a decent sized show...but the cleans break up a bit at high volumes as with most tube amps...and im not sure what you mean by typical peavey sound
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
If you'll ship it to S. Ontario (N3S 3X2) for $350 and accept a MO I'll take it.
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
SRy but...i want to ship to the us, and paypal so no
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
Is this still available? I'll take it if it is. I've had two solid states quit on me recently and taking it as a sign that I must invest in a tube amp. (I just really want that sound)

Sending a PM as well.
up for a sweet amp...personally i think it can get metalish tones...but thats your opinion
Quote by guitarbite.fire
up for a sweet amp...personally i think it can get metalish tones...but thats your opinion

well i can get some, but only ifi super scoop the mids, and id rather not scoop em as much as i have to
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
Quote by hschecter
i have a peavey valveking 112, and since i mostly play metal this amp does not fit my needs. I love the cleans, and the light gain sounds...but if u play metal u DON"T want this amp. I bought it in mid june and it is still in pristine condition...it comes with the footswitch, also in new condition.

actually, you can, you obviously don't know how to set it up properly

it works really nicely with passive pickups but active pickups bring this amp out, it can sound like a 5150 actually, you must watch the video below

EMG pickup guitar with it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aTO0Z-B274

Passive Pickuup guitar with it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE5Qb4SVqU8

you can get that sound without a pedal too, but if you'd like pedals a metal muff blends with this amp nicely, in time you can replace the speaker and the tubes then you have a huge bargin, but the only VK worth getting is the 112 , rest cost more and aren't the best for their price range
Last edited by hardcoredarrell at Oct 18, 2007,
Quote by hardcoredarrell
actually, you can, you obviously don't know how to set it up properly

it works really nicely with passive pickups but active pickups bring this amp out, it can sound like a 5150 actually, you must watch the video below

EMG pickup guitar with it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aTO0Z-B274

Passive Pickuup guitar with it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE5Qb4SVqU8

you can get that sound without a pedal too, but if you'd like pedals a metal muff blends with this amp nicely, in time you can replace the speaker and the tubes then you have a huge bargin, but the only VK worth getting is the 112 , rest cost more and aren't the best for their price range
thank you for that valuable information
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
bump
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
Are you still selling your VK ?
My Gear:

Fender 62 RI Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Fender Supersonic
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss OS-2 OD/DS
Martin 000-28
Washburn D10s
Quote by swervin
Are you still selling your VK ?

yes i am
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
I use the halfstack version of this amp for metal (without scooping the mids, boosting them rather) and it handles it really well. So I geuss this is a free BUMP.
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)