lol yea i have a rhytym guitarist and i own a les paul and i was wondering if there are certian kind of strings that will give me that authentic rhcp funky jazzy sound, ive been using ddarrio XL strings for about a year now, and yea there bendeble, and crap and the sound is awesome, but i want some strings that will give me a real rhcp sound, without the use of effects, also strings that wont break so easily, i tend to strum on the G, B, and A a lot when im playing blues chords
he uses a strat, theres no pair of strings that will make your les paul sound like one.
yeah...If you're looking for an RHCP sound, the strings are probably the last thing you would consider...
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by TehJermie
he uses a strat, theres no pair of strings that will make your les paul sound like one.

+1
Quote by iplayfenders66
yeah...If you're looking for an RHCP sound, the strings are probably the last thing you would consider...

+2
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
yea strings dont really make or break your tone.
try single coil pickups
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
vintage style strats to be specific, but if you wanna be really traditional he uses .10's and an 11 for the high E
yea, good strings only add clarity, they won't change the sound, only enhance it.
they are the icing on the cake,
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.