I am looking at an acoustic guitar i really like http://www.deanguitars.com/tradition_s.htm

a dean tradition S, and i dont think its made lefty, so i am wondering if its hard to get it and restring it to righty?

to tell you the truth, half the reason im looking at it is because of the finish
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
I am looking at an acoustic guitar i really like http://www.deanguitars.com/tradition_s.htm

a dean tradition S, and i dont think its made lefty, so i am wondering if its hard to get it and restring it to righty?

to tell you the truth, half the reason im looking at it is because of the finish

it's not like that's a rare or unique finish...
I think that you have to position the saddle the opposite way, although I don't know how to do that
You should really just go into a local guitar shop or something and try the guitars to find one you like. The finish, in my opinion, means little; it is the sound and the feel of the guitar that matters.
The only change required to change it to a right is changing the bridge saddle [either turning it around or swapping it out for a new one] and getting a new nut. The tuners should be fine, as well as the rest of the guitar.
IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT OR HOW TO DO IT, TAKE INTO YOUR LOCAL SHOP.
If you're really concerned for the intonation of the strings, you could buy and entirely new bridge, but just a new saddle would be easiest. Paul McCartney from the Beatles did it, I'm pretty sure.
never do that with an acoustic. the frame work inside the body isnt ment to refract the sound with the hight E in the Low e position. in other words, dont do it. Bad idea. and it will sound like crap. i'm sure people have done it. but dont do it. be smart and buy a lefty guitar. thats why they dont sell UNIVERSAL guitars. thatd be a good idea.. haha
Guitars.

Seagull Entourage Rustic Q1
Washburn D-10 N 93'
Jay turser.. i dunno what model.
Actually, I've heard that playing a Righty guitar is easier when you're left handed, because it's your better hand and it'll be easier to play with. So if you absolutely can't find a left, try that.
*I come to sit at my desk in Biology to find that another 1000 page book is sitting there.*
"If this says Part 2, I'm going to be pissed..."
Quote by FrankenFather
Actually, I've heard that playing a Righty guitar is easier when you're left handed, because it's your better hand and it'll be easier to play with. So if you absolutely can't find a left, try that.

You try playing a left-handed guitar and get back to me.
I made you a cookie but I eated it.
Quote by Battery Chicken
and don't get a Dean.

DISCLAIMER
Apologies to any Dean owner, sorry but I just don't like them.

Yeah but at least you probably have reason too dislike them. Most of them are ****house guitars dressed up all fancy. I mean, whats the use of a nice (well, actually i dont like the looks of them but meh( looking guitar if it sounds like poopy

Ive tried playing the other way round (I'm right handed) and its too hard because you dont have that natural strength, rhythm and umm.....dunno how to put it. Just your strumming hand has to be your favoured hand, its just to hard to strum strongly, evenly and all that without it.

I have also seen firsthand someone who is left handed try to learn guitar right handed because one of the attractions to her in guitar was that so many people have them so you can go to someones house and just be able to pick up a guitar. She couldn't strum, her fingering was ok, she struggled to hold a pick properly etc etc. Lots and lots of issues. Main thing was that she had peaked at a level that someone who was keen on playing could have, on average gotten too after a couple of weeks. And she had been trying randomly on and off for ages, I tried to teach ehr, but she had really peaked.

And then for all that trying, when she picked up a left handed guitar it felt unnatural to do because she had forced herself to try the other way. I'm sure she would have gotten over it in a week or two but she didnt want to because she wanted to be able to play right handed blah blah blah (shes very stubborn at times, it was actually quite frustrating cos she listened but didnt accept what me and her sister were both telling her, to get a lefty if she actually wanted to play).

Moral of the story, play the guitar made for your handedness
Quote by neonflannel
never do that with an acoustic. the frame work inside the body isnt ment to refract the sound with the hight E in the Low e position. in other words, dont do it. Bad idea. and it will sound like crap. i'm sure people have done it. but dont do it. be smart and buy a lefty guitar. thats why they dont sell UNIVERSAL guitars. thatd be a good idea.. haha

Wrong. Unless it's a cutaway(acoustic/electric) the internal bracing is identical from right to left hand style guitars. The main problem with switching a righty over to a lefty is the angle of the bridge saddle, and the nut slots. Both need to be reversed. The angle of the saddle is there to provide proper intonation, so just taking it out and turning end for end won't correct this either. The slot the saddle sits in in the bridge needs to be filled with a piece of wood to match the bridge and glued in place. Then a new slot, angled properly, needs to be routed in the bridge. Now the saddle can be placed in the new slot. As for the nut, it needs to be replaced with the slots cut for a lefty. All in all, it's a time consuming project, and is loads easier to buy a pre-made lefty. But it can be done.
im a lefty and i play righty.... it helped me get fingering down easier from the start.