I need some quick help here.

I am getting some fret buzz around the middle frets, was wondering if I need to make truss rod adjustments or srting height adjustments. I put a capo on the first fret, then fretted the 14th fret and checked the gap on the 6th fret. Its 2 mm. what should I do. Also i have 24 fret guitar, with and edge pro trem. Thanks
Last edited by cbehrendt at Sep 20, 2007,
Quote by cbehrendt
I need some quick help here.

I am getting some fret buzz around the middle frets, was wondering if I need to make truss rod adjustments or srting height adjustments. I put a capo on the first fret, then fretted the 14th fret and checked the gap on the 6th fret. Its 2 cm. what should I do. Also i have 24 fret guitar, with and edge pro trem. Thanks
That's not possible (it is, but it would be ridiculous). You must mean 2 mm. Even that is far too much relief. Getting your fretboard flat, or with just a slight relief will be the first step (truss-rod adjustment), and check for any frets that have "popped". You might also need to adjust the bridge height after the truss-rod adjustment. If you still have buzzing, it probably means fret leveling is required.

Good luck,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
So which way do I adjust it, clockwise or counter clockwise, and how many mm do I want it set at?
Take it to a tech. If your gap is at 2mm, something is seriously wrong! It should be feeler gauge close. A tech will check every aspect of your guitar's setup.
Could it be that Im using light guage strings? It seems like when I had thicker strings I didnt get as much fret buzz.
O.o that's kinda weird, isn't it usally the heavier the gauge the more buzz you can get due to frets?
No other way round for me. Sounds like your neck doesnt have enough relief. A little truss rod adjustment mite help also raisin the strings on the bridge would help as well.