Is it possible to go from a Modest Mouse sound to a highish gain sound for solos or lead? Using P-90s?
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
Yes.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Anyone disagree?
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
Quote by Doobergn
Yes.

Yes you disagree?
Quote by smirnoff_black
Modest Mouse has a "dirty" guitar. The sound seems very trebely? and thin. That makes me think that Brock uses a tele of some sort or this:
http://www.wicksguitars.com/isaac.htm

So, you might be able to pull off something of the sort, but not very close.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by .smudged.
I though Modest Mouse was clean

They are. He's asking if his guitars can handle those types of cleans and distorted soloes.

The answer is yes. The true question is, can your amp handle it?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.