I think I understand, drop D down a step would be CGCFAD? I've set my guitar up with ZW 11 Boomers down a whole step from standard. Do you think I'll have to totally go through it again? Or can I live with, or is there a way to keep Floyd flush? And how much out of level is considered acceptable?
Last edited by tymatt67 at Sep 20, 2007,
Yeah, that's right about the tuning. Drop D down a step is typically referred to as Drop C. As a Floyd Rose user, I can honestly tell you that if you want to change tunings, you're going to have to go through the semi-laborious process of retuning the Floyd in the correct matter. Otherwise it'll get thrown out of whack, and that messes up the action of your guitar, not to mention rendering your Floyd pretty unusable until you fix it. How much out of level is acceptable? Not very much. I couldn't give you an exact measurement.
unless you have the bridge perfectly set, your action will be different, you intonation will be wrong, and your tremelo will be more sensitive to the touch. probably won't hold tuning either but i'm not sure about the last part...
.:Just because you can sweep pick doesn't make you good:.
Quote by Ryte
unless you have the bridge perfectly set, your action will be different, you intonation will be wrong, and your tremelo will be more sensitive to the touch. probably won't hold tuning either but i'm not sure about the last part...

If you use heavier strings the effect that tuning down has on the tremolo will be greatly reduced, also you might want to buy a Tremol-no if you plan on frequently changing tuning a lot.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
If you use heavier strings the effect that tuning down has on the tremolo will be greatly reduced, also you might want to buy a Tremol-no if you plan on frequently changing tuning a lot.

true... but it isn't really that much of a hassle. I've changed tunings a few times over the years and I always set my bridge up myself. It all comes down to want you want. You have some good suggestions here hehe .
.:Just because you can sweep pick doesn't make you good:.