Best Way To Clean Volume And Tone Pots And Were Exactly To Spray Cleaner? Will Dirty Amp Head Pots Contributute To Crackling? If Cleaning Pots Does Not Stop Unwanted Crackle Is It Still Possible That The Pots Are The Problem?
Yes. Just go back into your guitar, and check the grounds.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
What Is Your Guitar's Problem? Does It Crackle When You Stay Still? If It Does, Then It's Not The Pot. Its The Jack. If It Crackles When You Twist The Controls, Then It's The Pot.

And Don't Type All Caps.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
What Is Your Guitar's Problem? Does It Crackle When You Stay Still? If It Does, Then It's Not The Pot. Its The Jack. If It Crackles When You Twist The Controls, Then It's The Pot.

And Don't Type All Caps.

He says it crackles when he touches the strings in his last thread. I had the same problem once, it wasn't grounded or shielded properly, so when I touched the strings, it grounded and crackled.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

it crackles, or at least i hear it crackling when i hold strings still i sprayed cleaner around the jack is there somthing else i can do? or a better way or cetain spot i should spray the jack? and what are the grounds and what could be wrong with them?
i see. it should be silencing when you touch the strings or other metal parts too.
oh yea. how's the cab comin?

^it's not the spray... it's ur electronics. you need to solder. or at least get an aligator clip lol.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
so what do i neeed to do now that spraying the pots hasnt worked? and again what is grounding and how could problems with grounding cause the crackling im hearing/? my cab? it amazing and i love my setup so this anoying crackling is ruining it for me
Quote by ECistheBest
i see. it should be silencing when you touch the strings or other metal parts too.
oh yea. how's the cab comin?

^it's not the spray... it's ur electronics. you need to solder. or at least get an aligator clip lol.

The cab is not going too good. Since my dad, who is a carpenter, moved to Texas, I'm having to rely on my Step dad's crappy tools. After screwing up some 2x4's using a left handed saw, I'm going to see if my Intro to cons. teacher will let me use his shop.

OT, When I touched my strings, it would give a crackle, then silence. Is thats what happening TS?
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

no when i hold the strings i hear a crackling its not very consistant with how much it happens but its deffientyl there some one sed it was the jack? or grounding?
Quote by drawtheline
no when i hold the strings i hear a crackling its not very consistant with how much it happens but its deffientyl there some one sed it was the jack? or grounding?

In that case, I'm baffled.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

did anyone ever have this problem? i mean its not some loud crazy sound it just a little popping and crackling. its deffinelty not feed back hum or anything like that it stsands out i have all new pedals and cords so its not that it has to be a simple guitar problem turning the knobs doesnt make it happen it just happens randomly
no... take it to a shop if we can't answer ur question.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
what should i take to the shop do you think the porblems probly my amp head or guitar?