Hey guys im trying to find some cool arrangements of a classic song suited for solo guitaring. I have already discover some songs such as:

Tommy Emmanuel-somewhere over the rainbow
Andy Mckee -Africa
Trace Bundy -Canon, sweet child o mine
Eric Clapton -Classical g.a.s

Thats all i have got and still want to discover alot more, Anybody know of any other covered songs arranged for solo acousitc guitar?
do you mean classical or classic?

You could try trace bundy-sweet child o' mine, no tab but i'm working on one
eric roche-smells like teen spirit
michael chapdelaine-come together
edgar cruz-bohemian rhapsody or sweet emotion
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
honestly i really like the tremolo finger picking version of ave maria. It sounds so beautiful
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor GS Big Leaf Maple/ Sitka Spruce
No not classical haha im really a fan of that music, just hit songs like you mentioned smells like teen spirit i will look into that

Im thinking about doing an arrangment for slide by goo goo dolls suitable for solo guitar.
Classical Gas was never done by Clapton. He never even recorded the song.

A good couple of covers have been done by Tommy Emmanuel like what you are asking about.

Lady Madonna
Day Tripper
Livin' On A Prayer
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Amazing Grace

are to name a few
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by Calum_Barrow
Classical Gas was never done by Clapton. He never even recorded the song.

A good couple of covers have been done by Tommy Emmanuel like what you are asking about.

Lady Madonna
Day Tripper
Livin' On A Prayer
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Amazing Grace

are to name a few

Livin on a prayer isn't by Tommy Emmanuel, it's by Tomi Paldanius.

And it always annoys me to hell when people think Clapton wrote it or played Classical Gas. Thankyou for correcting him!
Amazing grace by tommy is another great arrangment, gonna add this one to my list any others guys?
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Livin on a prayer isn't by Tommy Emmanuel, it's by Tomi Paldanius.

And it always annoys me to hell when people think Clapton wrote it or played Classical Gas. Thankyou for correcting him!

I wasn't sure if I was correct or not. More often than not it has been said as being Tomi Paldanius. TBH it really doesn't seem like what TE would do. So I'm not quite sure why I put it. Probably a momentary lapse of thought.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
jeff buckley's halelujiah, pull that one off. so nice
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
There's an Mp3 floating around out there of someone doing an excellent solo arrangment of classical gas, with guitar bits to substitute for the big band parts named 'Eric Clapton - Classical Gas'. I'm sure that's what he's reffering to.

+1 to Tommy Emmanuel and Edgar Cruz. Awesome solo stuff. If you're into Andy McKee and you don't mind retuning you might give 'Drifting' a shot.
im a huge andy mckee fan i can already play several songs of his such as:

Drifting, for my father, rylynn, keys to the hovercraft, heathers song, art of motion, common ground, shanghai etc (i told you i like him he is the reason i startewd fingerstyle!

Tommy songs that i can play are:

Since we met, those who wait, endless road, train to dusseldorf, angelina, tall fiddler, precious time/thats the spirit etc....

This is why im looking for some cover songs because when i start doing some loca gigs im sure people are gonna want to hear a few song they know so thats the whole idea of this thread!

jeff buckley's halelujiah, great suggestion !