The original Edge series would be the easiest I imagine, since they're basically clones of the OFR. Beyond that, the newer Edge series trems might need a little more work but unless it's a ZR trem, I can't see why it would be overly difficult.

However, Ibanez trems like the Edge Pro and ZR are on par, if not better than OFRs.
Quote by rocabillyrollup
I hear bad things about the edge trem, but is the edge pro better?

Edge pro is a very nice trem. Similiar in feel to an OFR, allows you to use strngs without cutting of the ball ends.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
An Edge Pro is a low profile version of the OFR. Its the best Ibanez trem currently.
My Gear:
Epiphone LP Black Beauty (2007)| Washburn WM24K (2008)| Ibanez Iceman IC300 (2003)| Ibanez GRX40 (2004) w Gold Lace Sensors| Roland Microcube| Marshall G10MK.II Amp| Zoom G2.1u| BOSS Metal Zone

Yes, I am a simple guy.
Quote by Weybl Himself
The original Edge series would be the easiest I imagine, since they're basically clones of the OFR. Beyond that, the newer Edge series trems might need a little more work but unless it's a ZR trem, I can't see why it would be overly difficult.

However, Ibanez trems like the Edge Pro and ZR are on par, if not better than OFRs.

LOL, yeah right.

ZR bridges are on 400$ guitars, while OFRs are own 2000$ guitars.

OFR stays in tune the best, it might have a few pains and aches like setup etc. is harder but it's worth it. It isn't hard especially if you know what you're doing.
This thread is full of cruel and unusual misleading statements.

Original Edge is not a clone of OFR, it's a substantially different design, with different geometry, and the two are not interchangeable.

The newer Ibanez trems (by which I mean Edge III) actually don't need any work to swap with OFR (or a teeny bit of work for a perfect swap).

Nobody in their sane mind should say bad things about the Edge, it's a fantastic machine. As mentioned, Edge III et al are different.

Edge Pro is at least as well-made as the previous generation of Ibanez high-end bridges. Whether it's head and shoulders above them is entirely up to the user.

Edge Pro is in no way a low profile version of the OFR. It's not any version of OFR at all. The only thing in common between the two is that both are fulcrum double locking tremolos. The features are way different.

ZR keeps tune really well thanks to its design, not quality of manufacturing. The latter is actually pretty laughable (in my opinion). But it allows for a lower cost than a quality fulcrum trem.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by nan0
LOL, yeah right.

OFR stays in tune the best, it might have a few pains and aches like setup etc. is harder but it's worth it. It isn't hard especially if you know what you're doing.

Jesus, be a fanboy much?

ZR bridges are different to fulcrum bridges like the OFR and edge pro. The ZR is more similiar to a kahler.

You'll find ZR on high end guitars as well as finding OFRs on cheaper guitars.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by pifty
It's not any version of OFR at all. The only thing in common between the two is that both are fulcrum double locking tremolos. The features are way different.
Thats not true either

The Edge pro is basically a redesign of the OFR. Its more akin to a Speedloader just with normal strings.

The features are all applicable on a floyd as well, except for the ball end acceptance.

On the other hand, the Edge pro looks much sleeker than the OFR in their respective chrome designs

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by pifty
This thread is full of cruel and unusual misleading statements.

Original Edge is not a clone of OFR, it's a substantially different design, with different geometry, and the two are not interchangeable.

The newer Ibanez trems (by which I mean Edge III) actually don't need any work to swap with OFR (or a teeny bit of work for a perfect swap).

Nobody in their sane mind should say bad things about the Edge, it's a fantastic machine. As mentioned, Edge III et al are different.

Edge Pro is at least as well-made as the previous generation of Ibanez high-end bridges. Whether it's head and shoulders above them is entirely up to the user.

Edge Pro is in no way a low profile version of the OFR. It's not any version of OFR at all. The only thing in common between the two is that both are fulcrum double locking tremolos. The features are way different.

ZR keeps tune really well thanks to its design, not quality of manufacturing. The latter is actually pretty laughable (in my opinion). But it allows for a lower cost than a quality fulcrum trem.

i agree.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by DagMX
Thats not true either

The Edge pro is basically a redesign of the OFR. Its more akin to a Speedloader just with normal strings.

The features are all applicable on a floyd as well, except for the ball end acceptance.

then it's more akin to the speedloader not the OFR.

your just thinking of floyd rose made trems to be OFRs whereas this isnt true. only the original is an OFR.

people use that term far too much.

Quote by nan0
LOL, yeah right.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-s-3620-fm/11247

that's about $2300

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCEC1FRHR

just a quick look and there is the OFR on a $799 guitar.

your point = invalid

plus the ZR won't wear out and lose it's tuning stability after a few years as it has no knife edges to wear down.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Sep 20, 2007,
And it's nothing similar to the Speedloader either.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
meh.

not an expert on trems but can still notice obvious mistakes
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
yeah i mean the edge pro is like a slightly different very low profile trem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by nan0
LOL, yeah right.

dude, what the **** is your problem? you have to post a load of bull**** in every thread?

you can get an OFR on a cheap guitar. you can get a ZR on an expensive one. just shut the **** up commenting on stuff you obviously know nothing about.

And the Edge Pro isn't even Licensed under Floyd Rose. It's totally different.
Last edited by cheames at Sep 20, 2007,
Quote by nan0
LOL, yeah right.

Dave Weiner and Herman Li are using ZRs on their new customs, shows how ****ty they are.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Edge pro is completely different. Slightly similar to the Floyd Rose pro model but not really.

Edge is one of the best trems out there. I and others prefer it to OFRs.

ZR is a good trem. Stays in tune great. I just have the feeling of it (but if you remove the ZPS bar it's fine)

Just watch out for Ibanez Lo Trs, Lo Trs II, Edge pro II, Edge II, and Edge III
guys, what exactly is a knife edge? I have seen pics of trems but I dont know which is the knife edge
My Gear:
Epiphone LP Black Beauty (2007)| Washburn WM24K (2008)| Ibanez Iceman IC300 (2003)| Ibanez GRX40 (2004) w Gold Lace Sensors| Roland Microcube| Marshall G10MK.II Amp| Zoom G2.1u| BOSS Metal Zone

Yes, I am a simple guy.
There are 2 posts in the top of your guitar the trem rests against. The part of the trem that rests on the posts are the knifes. Go find a pic or sumthing.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by areola
guys, what exactly is a knife edge? I have seen pics of trems but I dont know which is the knife edge
The knife edge is the part which comes in contact with the stud.

Ah I was correct then. I saw many trems and noticed that those part were worn out so I suspected that they were the knife edges. What happens when is does wear off completely?
My Gear:

Yes, I am a simple guy.
Quote by areola
Ah I was correct then. I saw many trems and noticed that those part were worn out so I suspected that they were the knife edges. What happens when is does wear off completely?

When it wears out completely, the trem is usually long in the garbage bin. Any kind of wear on the knife edge is an impediment to tuning.

Essentially, the trem posts have cusps, in which the blade of the knife edge sits. The whole thing is designed in a way that with pressure (applied by strings and trem springs), the trem knife edge always fits perfectly into the cusp of the trem post with minimal contact area (thus it's a sharp knife edge). As long as it's sharp, the trem will always return to the same position after you move it.

Now, the knife edge gets dull, and there's no longer that minimal contact area between the trem and the post. Friction disturbs the balance beteen the tension of the springs and the strings (and it's a very gentle balance, that's why tuning a floyd can be a bother). Every time you move the trem, it no longer returns to the same position unimpeded (TYVM friction). The result is that after a whammy move, you're off pitch. So you move your fine tuners a bit until it's good. Then you move your trem. Bam! Off pitch again. Then you get frustrated and buy a good guitar. Something you should have done in the first place.
^ yep.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?