Ok here we go... Im fairly new to electric guitar(a few months in). I love playing stuff like Blink182, Boxcar Racer, Angels And Airwaves...any type of punk, pop-punk. I also play stuff like John Mayer (latest stuff) and at some point i plan on getting good enough to play Jimi Hendrix type stuff. I own an Epiphone Les Paul Junior which i mod w/ Gibson Dirty Fingers pickup and Grover Locking rotomatics. And i play a ****y Marshall MG10CD. Keeping in mind that i am a beginner would you advise me to buy a Marshall AVT20 for around $110. I think it will be a nice step up from an MG10. What do you guys think?

Please dont talk badly about my musical preferences. I enjoy those bands. I know most dont...but i just want a straight forward answer please.

Thank You.
no, you won't get a step-up with that budget, save up $200 and you could get a nice 5 watt tube amp though. And try not to confine yourself to Marshall amps.
Quote by Horlicks
no, you won't get a step-up with that budget, save up $200 and you could get a nice 5 watt tube amp though. And try not to confine yourself to Marshall amps.

Agreed. In fact, I think the Epi VJ, Fender Champ, and Crate v8 would all be capable of what he wants to play.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Its not like i purposely choose Marshall...i know there are tons of other amps out there that are better. Truth be told my dream amp would probably be a Mesa boogie Dual Rect or Vox AC30. But i am a beginning guitarist, if i can even be considered a guitarist yet lol, and i am on a tight budget i dont have a job at the moment and im not one of those 19 yr old kids who gets there rents to buy them 4k worth of guitar gear. So for the moment its the AVT20 or some other SS amp like Line 6( i dont really enjoy the digital sound). Thanks for the advice guys.
The EPi VJ head is only $100. ( If I remember correctly). You could easily mod your MG, so that you can use the EPI head through the MG's Speaker until you can afford a cab.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

The EPi VJ head is only $100. ( If I remember correctly). You could easily mod your MG, so that you can use the EPI head through the MG's Speaker until you can afford a cab.

i think the speaker plays a major part in the mgs crappyness
Quote by _-Skeletor-_
i think the speaker plays a major part in the mgs crappyness

True, but all he has is $110 right now, and using the VJ will be a major step up. I was running my VJ through Stereo speakers, and that was a step up from my Fender FM 212R.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Well as you read i play mainly punk and distorted or overdriven rock. do you think the epi will be able to pull this off?
If you're a beginner and dont really intend to gig now, the AVT is fine. They dont sound as bad as most UG users say they are. Theyre all against SS anyway. Youll wanna save up for a tube amp when/if you get better.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.