Just noticed.. when you listen carefully, the bass in A7X tracks has quite a... I dunno how to describe it.. sorta, clicky sound?

Just wondered how to acheive that sound in D tuning on a 4 String Bass.. And Im pretty certain J uses a Plec.

You can hear clearly what I mean from this performance of Unholy Confessions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm8HOviVIfY&mode=related&search=

Cheers all.
man the sound guys at that gig should be shot, the levels are disgraceful. but the bass is eqd very trebbly and with a slight bit of overdrive. I think he is using a music man but i would need to know more about his rig to tell you exactly how he gets that sound, but unfortunatley i dont.
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Last edited by bazz_aaron at Sep 20, 2007,
Well I know what you mean about the levels lol, it is terrible. Seems I can only really here the bass, vocals and drums... As if Synyster and Zaccy arn't even there 0_o

Thanks for the info anyways =]
and brand new strings to by the sounds of it
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
I think he uses GK amps and a MM Sterling bass, other than that I have no idea.

EDIT: I actually watched the video, and the tone is pretty gross.
Try boosting your mids a bit. That'll give it a more punchy sound.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
ima gonna say it but thats competing with feildy's tone they both suck but KoRn fanboys take no offense i like feildy's bass playing witha real tone
Quote by Charlatan_001
I think he uses GK amps and a MM Sterling bass, other than that I have no idea.

EDIT: I actually watched the video, and the tone is pretty gross.

Recently he's been playing an EBMM Stingray HH sans pickguard. I believe he uses Hybrid Slinkie strings and that, combined with a very heavy attack with his pick leads to the 'clicky-ness' he gets when downtuned. The same thing happens when I downtune my Stinger - I quite like it to be honest - makes the little pick-playing I do fun.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
Quote by DeAd-RiP
ima gonna say it but thats competing with feildy's tone they both suck but KoRn fanboys take no offense i like feildy's bass playing witha real tone

I'm no Korn fanBOY, but I'd just like to see who here can play Fieldy's stuff well, and be able to implement his technique into their playing.