I'm thinking of buying a Washburn X50 Pro from GAK.co.uk.
Do you think this is a good guitar for Blues/Rock? and What amp for under £200 would you recommend with this guitar.

Also, for anyone thats bought a guitar from GAK.co.uk do the store set up the guitars themselves or do they come how they come from the makers?

Thanks
Vox AD50VT would do you well. I think GAK do them for £188. That's where I got mine from. I'm not sure if they set them up or not, maybe get in contact with them?
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
nah i think guitars come from gak as the manufacturer sent them, though their customer relations people are quite good and quick to respond, so just drop em an email or call em and they'll tell you
Thanks for the replys.
I was thinking about emailing them but in the past when i've asked shops directly the've told me what i want to hear not the truth so i thought i'd ask other custumers.
alliwant, i was looking at the Vox anyway so you comfirmed it for me Cheers
I bought a guitar from there a while ago (and sent it back because it was in bad condition) but it wasn't set up by them. It was still factory sealed.

What exactly are you looking to get from the amp, tone wise?
Denthúl, I'm Looking for a versatile Amp but i like Clean/Dirty Blues and rock mainly
Damn VivaLaJam the Roland Cube 60 was the other amp i was looking at....
yes, it's a nice guitar, and a laney vc15 (£220 i think? footswitch is probably around another tenner) would be good for blues and rock.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yes, it's a nice guitar, and a laney vc15 (£220 i think? footswitch is probably around another tenner) would be good for blues and rock.

Seconded.

You could also look into getting something like an Epiphone Valve Junior or say a Harley Benton GA5 (from thomann.de) and putting a Tubescreamer infront of it if you plan on playing at home mostly. Save yourself a bit of money and give yourself a bit of practicality.

If you plan on gigging/jamming with it then the Laney is the way forward.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
Seconded.

You could also look into getting something like an Epiphone Valve Junior or say a Harley Benton GA5 (from thomann.de) and putting a Tubescreamer infront of it if you plan on playing at home mostly. Save yourself a bit of money and give yourself a bit of practicality.

If you plan on gigging/jamming with it then the Laney is the way forward.

Good call. The Laney gets a good write up but I have gigged with the Vox a couple of times though and it's been great. I'd still say go with the AD50VT purely because it's a bit more versatile, just in case your tastes change.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
think i'll go with the AD50VT
As alliwant said "AD50VT purely because it's a bit more versatile, just in case your tastes change"

Cheers all
^ Noooo don't! Get the VC15. After using a valve amp I personally think the ADVT series are alright for the money but not nearly as good as a nice valve amp like a VC15. And it takes pedals gloriously, which the Vox won't. Get the Washburn and the Laney. Srsly.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Last edited by MrCarrot at Sep 20, 2007,
^ agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't plan on giging with the guitar and amp in the foreseeable future so the amp is for home use really.

i'm an intermediate guitarist at best so i plan to learn more for now and maybe record through my computer.

This is the first serious guitar i plan to buy so i thought i should get a proper amp to do it justice.
So should i still buy the laney vc15???
yes.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I love my AD50vt, they are damn good value
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108