I duno if this is the place to ask, but how do u cut a piece of perfboard? I used a coping saw and the edges are rough and not straight. How do i cut straightly and it has to be presentable too (making for friend).
Gear
MIJ Fender '57 Stratocaster
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
I've always scored mine pretty deep with an exacto knife and set it on the edge of a table and snapped it. Just do that and sand any rough edges.
Call me Roche.

Quote by Dyers
wut is a luthier? im assuming it has to do with the luthern church
Quote by don't eat baby
I've always scored mine pretty deep with an exacto knife and set it on the edge of a table and snapped it. Just do that and sand any rough edges.

Yeah, that's all I've ever done. If I was feeling particularly finnicky, I sand it with 200 grit sandpaper.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
wads an exacto blade? i nvr seen/heard of it before.

Something found in the US?
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
Quote by zizou510
wads an exacto blade? i nvr seen/heard of it before.

Something found in the US?

Stanley knife? Retractable blade? Anything along those lines.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Box cuter is also a more common name. Exacto is a brand name.

You'll want something like that.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I use a hacksaw. Works fine for me.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Snap it over your head!!!!, j/k yah the exacto blade should work, but as said they go by the names "Box cutter, Flip Razar blade "an odd one", Razar Knife, "sometimes" Hobby Knife, Ultility knife, Exacto knife, and the ever daughting "I'll slice you" knife ^_^
Never thought of the sand paper idea, but then again everytime i used a perf i've never cared about looks lol, but sounds like a plan.
Yea i call it the Pen Knife.. so many names for the same thing.

It takes quite long to cut a deep enuff groove in the board b4 i can snap it properly.. like 5 minutes of slicing at least.
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
Push extremly hard!!!, also is the blade still sharp? that may effect it. I can normally do it in one swipe... but I'm not planing on being nice to the componates. >: ) so my breaks are never clean anyways.
I use a Dremel, works wonders. Not really worth forking out for if you're not going to use it for other stuff though - drilling PCBs, cutting/drilling cases/etc.
^+1 Dremels are great to have around for a million different things, even if it's a little heavy duty for cutting perfboard I still use it.