just a few questions i need help with coz i'm a dead****

1) An Electro motive force (EMF) of 10 volts was applied to a circuit and a current of 0.5A resulted. Calculate the circuits resistance.

2)An Electric Jug, which's heating element had a resistance of 100 ohms when operating, allowed a current of 2.4A to flow through it. Calculate the applied voltage.

3)When an ammeter was connected in series with a light globe, it indicated that a current of 0.1A was flowing through it. if the globes filament had a resistance of 1000 ohms when hot, calculate the applied voltage.

4) calculate the power dissipated by a 240volt light globe consuming 0.25A

there the ones i have left, i need all the formula's you used like V=IR and P=VI and that shiznit.

thanks for any help!
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Why can't you do 'em yourself?

If people do it for you that's really not helping... you'll find it much harder in the exam room.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by Hobolad
Why can't you do 'em yourself?

If people do it for you that's really not helping... you'll find it much harder in the exam room.

well i clearly said that i cant do them myself coz i'm not smart enough, thats why i asked them to include the formulas and work so i could see what they did to get the answers
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
1) You are given V (10 volts) and I (.5 amps). Which equation relates V to I? ....V=IR
Solve for R.
So, R=V/I
R=10/0.5=20 ohms

2) You are given R (100 ohms) and I (2.4 amps).

3) Given: R and I

4) You need to calculate power. The only equation that has power in it is: P=VI. You are given V and I.
Last edited by ThatGuy45 at Sep 20, 2007,
Quote by ThatGuy45
1) You are given V (10 volts) and I (.5 amps). Which equation relates V to I? ....V=IR
Solve for R. So, R=V/I

2) You are given R (100 ohms) and I (2.4 amps).

3) Given: R and I

4) You need to calculate power. The only equation that has power in it is: P=VI. You are given V and I.

Listen to this guy.

Although there are plenty of other ways of working out power . EDIT: Unless he was referring to the ones you put in your original post, which I'm sure he was .
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

So, all you are doing is rearranging those two equations and plugging in for the two variables that you know.

V is in volts
I is in amps
R is in ohms
P is in watts
It's piss easy. Would take, what, 3 minutes? Come on.
My name is Marc! Silly username.