I just purchased a amp guitar cab off ebay - However the seller does not know the OHM of the cab its a 2 x 12 speakers one is a sound city heavy duty speaker and the other is a goodmans unknown model.

I have looked for teh ohm on teh back of these speakers every where but i just dont know?

The ebay seller didn't know the Ohm of the cab either however he ran a marshall 1966 super P.A head (not reissue) through it.

I have a marshall tsl60 and would like to know what would be correct ohm to use for the cab.

Would it really damage my amp if i plugged into the ohm
If the impedance is too little then you could blow your amp.

You're going to have to look inside the cab, on the backs of the speakers they should both have an impedance value, can you find those?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
from what i understand about ohms, the better the speakers the lower the ohms, also, the amps power changes based on the ohm rating of the speakers. if your amp is overpowering the speakers that would obviously not be good.
get a multimeter, plug a cable into the amp, then touch both the postive and negative bits on the jack.

If say, the cab is at 16ohms and your amp is putting out 4 or 8ohms, your not going to be getting enough power to the cabinet, and your tone is going to change alot for the worse. If you have your amp at 16ohms, and the cabinet is at 4ohms, then you'll blow a transformer in your amp (if your lucky)
well i plugged it in 8ohm and it seems to be working ok... however im still not sure if its the correct one....
you need to get a multimeter and check the impedence of each speaker, then figure out how it is wired to find out the total impedence.

for the love of god, dont leave it plugged in if you dont know what it should be set at. you could be causing serious damage to your amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Why'd you buy a cab without knowing it's ohmage? That's kind of important to know
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
did you even read my post man? It's just plain STUPID to use it without checking the impedance. If you don't want to buy a multimeter, pretty much anywhere that sells guitars will check it for you.
Quote by streetcarp01
well i plugged it in 8ohm and it seems to be working ok... however im still not sure if its the correct one....

I wonder why I bother sometimes.

You do realize if it had been a 4 ohm you would have blown your head right?

For your own good please realize: random experimentation is not good!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
you could probly search the speaker model # online to find out the ohmage saving your self the hassle of a multimeter. sic looking speakers btw
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
The Ohm symbol looks like this Ω. Just set the dial to that symbol and your ready to go.