So this band wants me to record something so they can hear how good I am.
They are really like Radiohead and I dont know what to record for them.
Any Suggestions?
Last edited by Waters? at Sep 20, 2007,
Should I really do a Radiohead piece?
I mean, I prolly shouldnt do something that tries to match them, I should do something different.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
look, you're going to be playing their kind of stuff, it makes sense to show you can play it.

+1...that's like a chef proving he can play tennis to get a cooking job..
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
The Press Corpse by Anti-Flag will impress anybody at all.
Real eyes realise real lies.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Pulling Teeth is not a catch-all for bass solos.

+1

I mean, I could do creep(which is really easy). I thought maybe to record circumstances by Rush(which I am pretty good at and it does show some level of playing and technique.).
Any thoughts on that?
Quote by Waters?
+1

I mean, I could do creep(which is really easy). I thought maybe to record circumstances by Rush(which I am pretty good at and it does show some level of playing and technique.).
Any thoughts on that?

Do both, it 'll show you can do technique AND play with simplicity.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Do both, it 'll show you can do technique AND play with simplicity.

Sharp thinking.
Thx!
Quote by Waters?
Sharp thinking.
Thx!

yeah, I'm surprised I didn't think of something along those lines earlier, I've done my fair share of applying for bands... I even once applied to be Disturbed's new bassist, and American Head Charge's, lol... but I was young and naive
lol.
They are like 22 and Im 16, and Ive just left my band after being with them for 1 year and I posted a wanted ad and they found me and they sound really good.
So I really want to get into this.
Im still young and naive.