So im starting to realize while im jamming with the band that i can only hear my e and a string, when its up on 10 and my line 6 bass podxt live is on the highest. So basically, im loosing my high end....

A
N
Y
WAYS

Im planning to sell back my pod to the music store (for atleast $150 hopefully) and i got about $300 (in Canadian) and Im planning to get:

Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
Boss ODB-3 OverDrive
Digitech Bass Synth Wah
EHX Big Muff Pi

Im just wondering if there is anything im missing that could make my setup a little more orgasmic.
Fender Jazz -> Line 6 Bass Podxt Live -> SWR Working Man

I know you like it
DONT GET THE BIG MUFF!!!!!!

get the ODB-3 instead
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Buy the Big Muff. You'll be posting here again in a few weeks with the exact same thread, except with the slight difference of complaining about your lack of low end, and it'll give me something to giggle about. I like the CEB-3 chorus and use one myself, same with ODB-3. Though you've got to work hard on your settings to get the most out of the Boss overdrive. The Digitech Synth Wah sounds absolutely awesome on recordings I've heard.

Actually, yeah, maybe your Pod isn't the issue. I've never had tone loss issues with any of the Pod series when I've messed with them. They're probably the only thing from Line 6 that I can stand. What wattage is your amp, EQ settings, etc?

What about your guitarists? Lots of guitarists these days dial so much bass into their tone (to be tr00 metalz) that the actual bass player struggles for room. Especially when they're a rhythm player chugging chords.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I've defended the Big Muff for a while on here, but recently I thought to myself "why the hell?!" I used to like it but now I'm seriously fed up of the low end sucking and general overall suckiness of it. I'd personally buy a nice overdrive/distortion pedal like am MXR M80+, Sansamp Bass Driver DI or Fulltone Bass Drive and a nice chorus pedal (I wasn't too keen on the boss bass one).
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I'm not going to bother slagging the Big Muff and ask why the hell you'd even consider it and recommend the Fulltone. However, I will point out the the Digitech Bass Driver and MultiChorus totally trumps the equivalent Boss pedals in sound, durability, and price. I think Boss is beginning to get an OMG IT'S A BOSS PEDAL, YOURE NOT COOL IF YOU DON'T USE BOSS kinda vibe very similar to Gibson guitars and even Gibson basses. To be honest, I don't know why you'd buy a Boss over a Digitech in this day and age.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
I'm not going to bother slagging the Big Muff and ask why the hell you'd even consider it and recommend the Fulltone. However, I will point out the the Digitech Bass Driver and MultiChorus totally trumps the equivalent Boss pedals in sound, durability, and price. I think Boss is beginning to get an OMG IT'S A BOSS PEDAL, YOURE NOT COOL IF YOU DON'T USE BOSS kinda vibe very similar to Gibson guitars and even Gibson basses. To be honest, I don't know why you'd buy a Boss over a Digitech in this day and age.

And remember kids: Fender bass = insta-cool.
+1
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
You ought to look into getting a Sansamp driver DI. I get awesome overdriven tones out of just about every amp I plug into.

Also, I have that Boss chorus pedal. It sounds good but I have to admit I have never really find a use for it. The sound doesn't really fit into anything I do.
Quote by thefitz
I'm not going to bother slagging the Big Muff and ask why the hell you'd even consider it

ya after i posted this thread (before anyone posted) i did a little more research on the pedal, and its nothing special from what i can hear in the samples i've listened to.

As far as the boss vs digitech goes, digitech doesn't seem to have an overdrive. HOWEVER, they do have a chorus as well. When I make my next trip to the music store ill ask if i can fiddle around with them for a bit and then make a decision.

Anyone else have any recommendations?
Fender Jazz -> Line 6 Bass Podxt Live -> SWR Working Man

I know you like it
The Digitech Bass Driver can go from slight rumble to full out fuzz. Overdrive's on there, you just need to turn the X-Knob down.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..