Page 1 of 2
anybody here have used edwards series? how was it? i have placed my order for ltd ec1000 2 months ago..then i got a lil bad news, my dealer said that no deluxe ec in my country..then he suggested me on edwards by esp..he claimed edwards is more better than ltd and as good as esp..
-----
\m/
yeah, they're sweet. i'd rather have one than a LTD. I've just ordered their LP copy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave, you do realize to allow the world to continue functioning and not implode upon itself you must post pictures when you receive your Edwards. Its either that or be blamed for the destruction of earth lol.

To the TS, I've heard nothing but great things about these guitars.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
haha, yeah, will do. though i suck at taking photos... o_O
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thank you good sir! You can always count on Dave to follow through. Don't worry about the picture quality either. Its the thought that matters.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Edwards are made with the same grade of woods and hardware as LTD models, but are made on the same Japanese assembly lines that make ESP, not third party contract companies in Korea. So you get the same level of materials as LTD, but with better build tolerances. That puts Edwards in between LTD and ESP in terms of overall quality.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
i know the LTD ec 1000 i tried had a 3 piece neck and back, while the eddies have one-piece... of course the wood may be the same grade, but if you ask me that puts edwards higher up...

obviously i'm willing to stand corrected, i know you're normally pretty reliable, crunch.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I am planning on picking up one of their SG's. I'm just hoping the neck profile is the slimmer 60's version.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

email ishibashi- click on the link "in english" at the top to get to the email address for english-speakers, it's something along the lines of "webshop@ishibashi.co.jp", and make sure you have "international question" as the subject. they answered my questions about neck profiles when i emailed them a while back.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i know the LTD ec 1000 i tried had a 3 piece neck and back, while the eddies have one-piece... of course the wood may be the same grade, but if you ask me that puts edwards higher up...

obviously i'm willing to stand corrected, i know you're normally pretty reliable, crunch.

But wouldn't a three-piece be more stable than one-piece? If you think about it, a laminated neck with opposing grain direction in the pieces should be more resistant to warping than a one-piece neck. I guess it still depends on what kind of cut is used for the one-piece...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
^Well all in all I think that would depend on whether the neck pieces are quatersawn or not. If they are it should definitely be more stable then a one piece neck.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Quote by pifty
But wouldn't a three-piece be more stable than one-piece? If you think about it, a laminated neck with opposing grain direction in the pieces should be more resistant to warping than a one-piece neck. I guess it still depends on what kind of cut is used for the one-piece...

possibly. i was just meaning in terms of cost. i agree that a multi-piece neck is possibly more stable (though to be honest odds are it's only really of concern if you're talking about a stick-thin wizard); the fact that makes me think it's a cost thing is that the guutar back was also 3 piece.

am i right? or wrong?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
am i right? or wrong?
Beats me!
There are many variables to consider, I guess. As for myself, I'd rather have an MIJ 1-piece and string it with light strings exclusively, than a Korean 3-piece for the same price.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
my thoughts exactly.

EDIT: in fact that LTD ec1000 i tried was about twice the price of the edwards I've ordered. UK prices are awesome.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
do you guys know anything about the E-CY-165CT?? it looks beautiful?
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
that's the 27 fretter, right?

i know that if it didn't have all that abalone everywhere, that I'd want one. Assuming it's of similar quality to the edwards I have tried.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ yeah, they have some awesome guitars spec-wise, which are nevertheless dressed up so awful that only Vai would ever play them without challenging his heterosexuality.
yeah, LTD do it too, i tried an ec1000 the other day and it had abalone out the ass too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Looks like a trend. Every other Schecter also has it. Hardcore metal guitar my ass, when it's bound in the stuff that your grandma's jewellery box is made of.
haha, touche!

but yeah, i mean a little abalone or MOP is classy. Everywhere, and it looks like 50 cent (i.e. tacky).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like abalone fretboard inlays. Abalone looks good for headstock inlays too. But everywhere along the fretboard and all around the body is too excessive for me.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
^i like it, anyways, how does Ash sound for metal because the E-CY-165 CTM is made of ash.....so i'd like to know how it would sound for not only metal but really high gain death metal?
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
UG Gain Whore
most of the tone is probably going to come from the neck. ibanez used to have a prestige which was neck-thru maple/walnut and ash wings, so that might be worth checking out. a jackson sl3 (yeah alright it's alder wings, but again a lot of the tone will probably come from the neck) might be worth a try too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, they're sweet. i'd rather have one than a LTD. I've just ordered their LP copy.

Nice! How long ago did you get your Legra though?
Quote by Dave_Mc
most of the tone is probably going to come from the neck. ibanez used to have a prestige which was neck-thru maple/walnut and ash wings, so that might be worth checking out. a jackson sl3 (yeah alright it's alder wings, but again a lot of the tone will probably come from the neck) might be worth a try too.

I've already look at Ibanez, J. custom shop ones also and jackson. Nothing really impresses me.

I've look at caparisons, too bad their a little too expensive.

Do anyone know any death metal guitarists that use Ash body guitars?

Have anyone tried an ash body guitar for death metal?

Any other suggestions?
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Quote by Mwoit
Nice! How long ago did you get your Legra though?

haha, quiet you!

i guess around 4 months or so. This is certainly not to replace it, the legra is sweet. It's among the nicest guitars I've ever played, if not the nicest. But it's more of a shred guitar, and i have a hankering for the more classic styles too.

Quote by jerm__
I've already look at Ibanez, J. custom shop ones also and jackson. Nothing really impresses me.

I've look at caparisons, too bad their a little too expensive.

Do anyone know any death metal guitarists that use Ash body guitars?

Have anyone tried an ash body guitar for death metal?

Any other suggestions?

ah you misunderstood what i meant. i meant to try those ones i mentioned to give you a (very) rough idea of how the edwards might sound.

caparisons are nice, yeah, but unless you're in japan (or can find someone in japan who'll ship you one), they're basically extortionate. I know here in the UK they're about 3 times what they go for in japan... o_O
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
haha, quiet you!

i guess around 4 months or so. This is certainly not to replace it, the legra is sweet. It's among the nicest guitars I've ever played, if not the nicest. But it's more of a shred guitar, and i have a hankering for the more classic styles too.

lolz, did the GAS get to you?
^hmm, the jacksons are made of alder right? is there much difference from ash and alder? What guitars are made of ash, besides fenders?

thanks man.
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Quote by jerm__
^hmm, the jacksons are made of alder right? is there much difference from ash and alder? What guitars are made of ash, besides fenders?

thanks man.

Quote by Warmoth
Ash (Fraxinus americana):
We have two very different types of Ash: Northern Hard Ash and Swamp Ash (Southern Soft Ash).

Northern Hard Ash is very hard, heavy and dense. A Strat® body will normally weigh 5 lbs. and up. Its density contributes to a bright tone and a long sustain which makes it very popular. Its color is creamy, but it also tends to have heartwood featuring pink to brown tints. The grain pores are open and it takes a lot of finish to fill them up.

Swamp Ash is a prized wood for many reasons. It is a fairly light weight wood which makes it easily distinguishable from Hard Ash. A Strat® body will normally weigh under 5 lbs. Many of the 50's Fenders were made of Swamp Ash. The grain is open and the color is creamy. This wood is a very nice choice for clear finishes. Swamp Ash is our second most popular wood. It is a very musical wood offering a very nice balance of brightness and warmth with a lot of "pop".

There ya go.

Some Ibanez guitars (high end) use Ash too.
Quote by Mwoit
lolz, did the GAS get to you?

haha yeah. then a local shop got in a second hand one (different model), and that kinda sealed the deal...

Quote by jerm__

thanks man.

yeah, basically a bit different, but the same ballpark. ash'd be closer to alder than mahogany would, i'd reckon. though obviously each piece of wood is different, and the hardware, construction etc. would affect the tone too. mwoit beat me to it with the link...

other guitars that are ash... you're right, fender are the main culprits, or anyone who makes fender-esque instruments.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well ishibashi got back to me. Apparently the fretboard radius on their Edwards SG is 400R and 240R on their Strats. If those measurements are metric then the SG is about 15" while the strats are closer to 9.5". I think I'll go with the strat in this case.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

aye that's pretty flat. apparently ikebe won't ship edwards to the US anymore (it's in that thread over at HC, i think you posted in there anyway)... ishibashi still seem to, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm hoping ishibashi doesn't quit on us also or else I'm screwed and can never get one at this point.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

i don't understand how ishibashi's page works, i can't find the E-CY-165CTM in red....help please
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
ishibashi's page doesn't show a red model. In fact they only show the color variations in small color boxes underneath the product description. So if the guitar does come in red and they don't have the color box or there is no pull down box with red in it for a color choice chances are they don't have it in stock right now. Send them an email and check with them though. Thats your best bet.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Page 1 of 2