I am looking to buy a nice new cab for a low price, and I have heard good things about avatar cabs, so I am considering ordering one of these sometime soon.

So I was just wondering what people would reccomend as far as speakers are concerned.

I was thinking two Vintage 30s and two G12T75's. Mix modern with classic, y'know.

But maybe there would be a better option?

I play mostly high-gain music. Metal, hardcore, etc. And I use a Peavey JSX head and an Ibanez SZ320 (That will soon have EMGs in it)

Thanks for the input.
I love G12T75's and I've heard great things about V30's but have never got the pleasure of playing them.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Up until recently I used a 4x12 with two Vintage 30s and two G12T75's in an X pattern. It was an awesome combination. Now I have 2 2x12 cabinets, with 1 of each.

It'll go great for the styles you play. Another great thing about that combination is its cheaper than just 4 vintage 30s
Quote by Cofflecakes
Up until recently I used a 4x12 with two Vintage 30s and two G12T75's in an X pattern. It was an awesome combination. Now I have 2 2x12 cabinets, with 1 of each.

It'll go great for the styles you play. Another great thing about that combination is its cheaper than just 4 vintage 30s

Also, it weighs less than 4 V30's >.< Save your back kids.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
too true!

You probably wont build your own cabinet, seeing as your asking for advice about the avatars, but if you do, don't build a quadbox Build 2 2x12s, with 1 you can piggyback off. Probably the 2nd best thing for my health I ever did.

The 1st was starting to wear earplugs :P
Thanks for all the input so far.

I think I will most likely stick with the 2-V30 / 2-G12T75 combination.

And does anybody know how reliable avatar cabs are?

In terms of sturdiness and quality?
Last edited by KCsilvertone at Sep 20, 2007,