Flicking thro' the guitar mags at work, I couldn't help but notice that some people will advertise anything and everything. Herman Li, and Matt Tuck take a bow. So who really annoys you when they get into corporate ***** mode?
Mind you, the freebies would be nice. I can see why they do it: so what would you prostitute yourself shamelessly to advertise on the promise of freebies?
I'd have Marshall, Fender, Doc Martens, Boss, Converse, Guinness and Barr's Irn-Bru to start. Over to you...
Absolutely nothing. Music has nothing to do with money and business. **** music as a product and whoring for products. That's not art. That's ****ing...I can't even...**** you.
Quote by Zardokk
Absolutely nothing. Music has nothing to do with money and business. **** music as a product and whoring for products. That's not art. That's ****ing...I can't even...**** you.

Oh get over yourself.

Bills need paid.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by cagnius
Oh get over yourself.

Bills need paid.

Nicely said

Planet waves. They've got the best ****.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
I'm not fond of advertising for music, but if I had to advertise, i'd advertise Popeye's, just like Destiny's Child. Free chicken for the rest of my life = OOOMMMMGGGG
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Maton (fantastic acoustic guitars), Seymour Dunan (so I don't get tied down on one type of electric), some string company (I haven't tried enough to decide yet) and probably some computer company.
I find myself agreeing with a Tory Jambo??? What's goin on here???

If I'd thought The Pit could stand a halfway highbrow debate, I'd have started it as; the merits of moral freedom blah, blah, versus brand identity blah, blah

Ahh, The Pit. Gotta love it, all life is here!
Quote by Zardokk

Please.
You must be some ten year old who watched some old washed up **** from the 70s rant on about how you can't sell out.

If you want to have a decent life AND play music you love, you'd probably find it pretty difficult. Hell, I'd write a ****ty pop song for the masses if it would just make me rich then I could do whatever the hell I wanted after that.
Some bands are just plain lucky, in the sense they can pretend they would never write a song they hate for money, only because they already have enough money. (Radiohead, Pearl Jam, etc - don't get me wrong, I love all of these bands, but that's just a lie)
Maybe I'm an idealist, but I'd never "sell out" if I were in that position (Well, that's what I say now ) by writing a song I don't like to shift units.

And it kinda depends on what product and whatever for advertisements. Nothing made in sweatshops or by big corporations or whatever. You can keep your dignity and still make phat dolla (Not too phat, that's just greedy).

EDIT:

If you want to have a decent life

I guess that depends on your view of "decent". I mean, all these parties and clothes costing thousands... Erck.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by Hobolad
Maybe I'm an idealist, but I'd never "sell out" if I were in that position (Well, that's what I say now ) by writing a song I don't like to shift units.

And it kinda depends on what product and whatever for advertisements. Nothing made in sweatshops or by big corporations or whatever. You can keep your dignity and still make phat dolla (Not too phat, that's just greedy).

EDIT:

I guess that depends on your view of "decent". I mean, all these parties and clothes costing thousands... Erck.

Well, firstly it depends what kind of music you like making. If it's death metal... tough luck, you're probably going to live in your mom's basement. If it's pop-ish based stuff, then it will still be tough.
What I meant by the writing a song I don't like was that, if I knew that I would make money if I wrote a sappy pop song I hate, I would totally do it.

As far as "decent" goes. Well, I guess it depends on what you want huh. If you want to live alone in a small apartment for the rest of your life, then you probably won't have much of a problem, maybe you could get a job to support your music.