I was going to try out my mic today using the m audio fast track however the the mic cord I have wont work because its more like a patch cord plug in...Is there a connector I can buy to make this mic work or will I need to buy a new cord...eventually im buying a shure mic however for now Im just using this mic I have.

Back of m audio says its an XLR input or something

Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
Your mic goes into the 1/4" input jack socket; it's not ideal but it'll work.

EDIT: And set the switch next to the socket to 'line'.
Love is not a victory march.
Last edited by shakysam at Sep 20, 2007,
I tried pluging mic where guitar plugs in and it doesnt seem to work...even clicked all buttons to see if I could get a combo that worked however it didnt.

Maybe I will try again and see if it will work.

Click Here
Ok well try plugging your guitar in instead and see if it works. If it does then it's probably the mic that's the problem, and if not then it'll either be the box or your pc.
Love is not a victory march.
XLR to 1/4" cables never work right. You need one of these:

(XLR to XLR cable)

Though I should probably let you know I had an M-audio Fast Track, and it turned to crap after a few months of use with my guitar. It crackles and feeds back like hell.
Ok I tried the mic again in the guitar input...it seems to be working however im getting a weak signal and also alot of hiss...could just be the mic because when I recorded the guitar it didnt hiss.

Could also be my computers sound card maybe...not sure.

I guess i will just mess around with it and see if i can fix the weak signal and hiss.

The reason why i didnt think it worked before because of the weak signal...couldnt hear the voice over guitars.

Thanks for your help.

What interfaces are you guys using?...toneport?

Ive had nothing but problems with this fast track so far...even the disk they had in the box to download drivers wouldnt work...I had to find more up to date drivers for this thing after I tried to download them off the disk like 10 times...I went on the net and searched for new updated drivers and found new updated ones.

I think im going to put this fast track on ebay and buy a different interface...the fast track works fine however im sure there is something better out there.

Click Here
Last edited by D_Vincent at Sep 20, 2007,
yeah....my M audio (guitar) doesnt work right when i export it. It crackles REAL bad.
Is there something wrong with it? or is it just M audio? Should i get a new program? If so...what?
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
I got the fast track working now...even though the signal could be a bit stronger for my liking however it does a nice job recoring for now.

If your having problems with the m audio product you may need to update the drivers off the net...thats what I did and it works better now.

Thanks for the help guys.

Click Here
Quote by XXm3t@lXX
yeah....my M audio (guitar) doesnt work right when i export it. It crackles REAL bad.
Is there something wrong with it? or is it just M audio? Should i get a new program? If so...what?

you need to mic guitars.

and if you are doing that, then idk what
Ok I thought I had this thing figuered out now im back to having a low signal again...the reason the electric sounded louder was because I added distortion and Limiter to the track which boosted it a bit however without the boost i can barely hear it.

I also tried my mic out and can barley hear voice or acoustic.

Im searching for answers on the net...came across a forum post on another forum that said to check level inputs in the windows mixer?

Not sure what that will do and im also not sure how to check windows mixer.

I assume its in control panel under sound devices however im not really sure what to adjust if anything for this Fast Track.

Click Here
Quote by D_Vincent
I got the fast track working now...even though the signal could be a bit stronger for my liking however it does a nice job recoring for now.

If your having problems with the m audio product you may need to update the drivers off the net...thats what I did and it works better now.

Thanks for the help guys.

ahh okay thank you.
much appreciated.
I just need a good quality mic.
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!