Hey guys,

I'm from canada but i'm currently living in glasgow, scotland studying to be an optometrist. I just moved here and am living in the student halls. The internet access here doesn't let you use msn messenger, only windows live..........not sure why. I have a macbook pro and I was wondering if there is a program, or crack or anything that lets you use windows live messenger for it?

I'm debating getting bootcamp and splitting my harddrive just to use windows life........I already have the latest edition of mercury messenger for the mac and i'm just wondering if anybody can help out.......thanks.
www.ebaumsworld.com

check out garrison acoustic guitars

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

You can use Windows Live, but not MSN? They're barely any different.

Anyway, get Bootcamp, and next time buy a Windows system.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
There is no way the internet can stop you from using MSN messenger and let you use only Windows Live, unless it blocks a certain port MSN uses and Live doesn't use which is probably not the case. I know that you can't use MSN messenger when you have Live installed. Try uninstalling Live first.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Thanks smokey........

but aside from the fact I owned a cpu with vista pro and got rid of it for this mac clearly shows that I have made my choice. I will never buy another windows system computer. The mac is fantastic to use and the programs are fantastic. This is the only hitchup i've had yet.

The thing is that I know they are quite similar, but it's just the access that the internet allows here. Windows live is the only thing that will work.
www.ebaumsworld.com

Quote by SamTotman
There is no way the internet can stop you from using MSN messenger and let you use only Windows Live, unless it blocks a certain port MSN uses and Live doesn't use which is probably not the case. I know that you can't use MSN messenger when you have Live installed. Try uninstalling Live first.

Good advice here.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Windows Live Messenger won't work probably because you are getting it from the wrong place.

You need to get the Mac version of WLM from a DIFFERENT WEBSITE! GOOGLE!
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
I don't have live installed............I need to get a version of live that works with OS X.........if there is one
www.ebaumsworld.com

fack.........guess I'll have to get bootcamp then.
www.ebaumsworld.com