So I've been inspired to learn an instrument and decided on electric guitar.. Over the past few days I've been reading up and bit and going nuts over the insane selection out there. Here is what I have selected:

Epiphone G400

Roland Cube 30X

Cable

Strap

Picks

DVD

Am I missing anything? Have I made decent choices?

Any suggestions/help/mocking would be appreciated!
Pretty solid choices. My first guitar was a G400, and I wish I had bought something else, but it's not a bad guitar by any means.

You might want to consider not getting the DVD and just start learning from the lessons on this site.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
What kind of music do you like?
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Quote by FacingUsAll
Pretty solid choices. My first guitar was a G400, and I wish I had bought something else, but it's not a bad guitar by any means.

You might want to consider not getting the DVD and just start learning from the lessons on this site.

Yeah, or just dive in, learn some chords and how to read tab, and then go from there, getting help from lessons on this site as you need it. I wish I did that way. I would go for medium picks though. The G-400 is a good choice, though they are a bit neck heavy so it may make it a bit hard for a beginner.
forget the dvd AND the lessons on this site and get a private instructor.
and i might would say instead of buying your picks from musician's friend, go up to a local music store and grab several different kinds, in different thicknesses, materials, sizes, etc. try out different ones until you find ones you like.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Do you have any musical experience whatsoever?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Take an experienced guitar player (at least 3 years) with you to try out different G400's and pick the best one. There are some differences in quality between identical guitars. All good choices. There are a lot of online lessons free, but some of them are junk. You might want to download some chord charts if the DVD doesn't include them.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Do you have any musical experience whatsoever?

No, but my wife does. She played classical bass for the longest time but also has a little experience in other instruments, acoustic guitar being one of them.

I think I'll skip the DVD as suggested, can always pick one up later. I will probably look for a teacher later on, depending..

I like a variety of music, heavy metal, rock, 80s/90s stuff like Rush, Def Leppard, Guns N' Roses .
Quote by TheUnk
I like the way that one looks, esp the Vintage Sunburst

Go for it then. Its key (imo) for a beginner to pick out a guitar they really like and think is cool, so it will encourage them to play.