I've decided its time to save, and with a little luck and a lot of Christmas money, buy an amp at the end of this year. I'm looking at something around $1,200 USD. I play a variety of music, but I would say I mainly play Hard Rock, 80s Metal, and Shred MEtal with Classic Rock and Alternative mixed in. I like my Valve Junior, but I want something "more". More control over my tone, more gain, etc. My Valve Junior is a great amp, but its time to move up I think. It will be used with a 4 X 12 Traynor YF-12 cab with Vintage Eminence Speakers and Electro Harmonix V30 copies. I want something that has a lot of bang for the buck, and has a lot of gain on hand. Clean isn't too important to me, though it would be nice to have a good clean channel. Heres what I'm considering now:

Peavey 6505+ - A lot of gain, and I know Peavey are built well and used and held in high regard, but I heard the clean channel on these really suck. However, it looks like a lot of amp for my money.

Peavey JSX - I know just about everyone who owns these loves them, though the price is a bit much for me. Anyone here have one and want to chime in?

Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 - I really like the sound of these, and while I would use a TS9 as a solo boost, I think it has a good amount of gain on tap. However, I know Marshall's have a bad reliability record. any experiences to confirm/deny this? Its also a little more then I wanted to spend.

Genz Benz El Diablo - I know nothing about these, so I would love any help I could get.

Fender Super sonic - I heard these are good, but I'm also a bit in the dark about them. I'm not crazy about what seems to be a limited EQ on it though.

Thats pretty much it. I would also liek suggestions towards other amps I may not have mentioned. All I wan tis for it to be below about $1,300 USD and be more then one channel. Thanks.
peavey jsx is amazing, you should save some money to get one of those!
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
Quote by Campbell_x50
dude I wish i was In your country, you can get a JCM 800 2205 easily for $1200.
Perfect for you musical needs and you could get it for much less if u know what your doing on ebay.

My only issue with the JCM800 is its single channel, correct?

peavey jsx is amazing, you should save some money to get one of those!

I was leaning heavily towards one, though I was concerned about gain levels with out an overdrive. Is this much of an issue with these?
Well, I've thought of something I'm thinking of giving a Peavey Windsor a shot, and even though its Chinese, its similar to the Marshalls I've narrowed it down to. I figure I'll play one side by side with a Vintage Modern (Even though I'm not really considering one) and JCM2000 and decide which sounds better, and if its worth while to save. My only questions is this: Is the Windsor two channel?
Quote by CJRocker
My only issue with the JCM800 is its single channel, correct?

I was leaning heavily towards one, though I was concerned about gain levels with out an overdrive. Is this much of an issue with these?
JCM800= Perfect.
Well, as it turns out I pretty much need a combo, due to church... So here it goes:

Fender Hot Rod Deville 212: While I played the 410, the 212 is cheaper. I really liked the tone, but found it pricey for a MIM.

Peavey Valveking: Pretty nice, even if it is higher gain then what I needed, and it lacked a foot switch. Also made in China, which is a killer.

Crate Palomino: Crap. Bland tone, not enough drive, and numb feeling controls.

Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb: Sounded GREAT, had really nice response, but not near enough OD for me. Plus its Mexican.

Line 6 Spider Valve: Over priced, and while it didn't sound bad, it didn't sound great either.

1970s Fender silver face Deluxe Reverb w/ master volume: This was at a local shop. Again, sounded really good, but it didn't get much drive without being cranked hard.

Crate Vintage 60: I rented this one and I'm digging it. Unique tone, and its very responsive. Also has a lot of nice little boost switches. Effects loop, and foot switch ready. The only thing that could match it in features is the Spider Valve. Its also only $350, which has me seriously considering it. So, thoughts?
Yeah I really recommend the JCM 800 2205/2210... it's just PERFECT for your styles. I own a 2205 and it's extremely sweet. Though the 'clean/normal' channel is pretty useless, but it's made to rock practically. It got plenty of gain really from itself, though I boost it.

Check out a 4212.
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
Mesa Boogie Recto-verb or Carvin V3 would suit you very well. I own a Recto-verb and absolutely love it, and I head amazing things about the V3.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
if you're not un-movable about the single channel thing, i'd consider giving a soldano avenger or vht deliverance a whirl. Though I admit i have no idea how much they go for in the US, i'm just assuming that we get ripped off as badly on those as we do on other things...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Soldano-Avenger-Amplifier-Head?sku=489140

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/VHT-Deliverance-60-Guitar-Head-Amp?sku=484031

ok, so a little over, but we'd have to pay around £1400-£1500 for the avenger, or about £1300 for the deliverance, here.

if it were me, and if you aren't too worried about the single channel thing, those'd be nice amps. Splawn competition (or one of their other amps) might be worth a look too, though I haven't tried them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Heres what I think I'm going to do... buy this Crate since I need a combo now and I'm low on cash... and once Christmas comes, flip it and with some (hopefully) more cash, buy something nicer.
mabey take a look at Randall, i kno they make very nice amps
Member #20 of the Guitarists Born in 1991 Club PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Member Of The Anti - Ibanez Militia

Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...

Quote by -blaze-
anti-depressants for emo kids.

You're too hung up on where the amp is built. The Mexican Fenders are quality, and I'll put my Chinese AC30 up against any amp in it's price range.

Did your price range also drop when you switched to combos? Seems like it. I'd check out the Peavey Classics if I were you. You're looking at amps ranging from 22W to 60W, the Classic 30 or 50 would each be a solid amp for you. Good all around amps.

If your budget's intact, you may want to look for a Mesa. Either a new Express 5:25, or maybe a used/leftover F-30 or F-50. Great amps with terrific cleans and usable metal gain on tap.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
You're too hung up on where the amp is built. The Mexican Fenders are quality, and I'll put my Chinese AC30 up against any amp in it's price range.

Did your price range also drop when you switched to combos? Seems like it. I'd check out the Peavey Classics if I were you. You're looking at amps ranging from 22W to 60W, the Classic 30 or 50 would each be a solid amp for you. Good all around amps.

If your budget's intact, you may want to look for a Mesa. Either a new Express 5:25, or maybe a used/leftover F-30 or F-50. Great amps with terrific cleans and usable metal gain on tap.

My price dropped due to the fact I need it Sunday, and I have all of $300 on me. Financing is not an option.
6505+ , I have a 5150 and im freaking amazed by it. So brutal sounding and i managed to get decent cleans out of it. But since the 6505 has seperate eqs so i bet you could get a really good clean set up with a smokin lead channel. I owned the DSL , shared EQs = horrible. ( I know the 5150 has this as well but it just doesnt sound as good :])I hated the sound of it. Also its a bit expensive and you could definetly get much more for your money.
we must become the change we want to see.
arg i didn't notice your price had dropped, sorry about that. I agree with slats. crate palominos might be worth a look too (slats can tell you about those too)...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ I definitely like the Palominos, but the TS has already stated that he doesn't.

A used Peavey Classic 30 in the $350 range is the best you're going to do. Otherwise, you're looking for a second hand Fender Blues Jr. for under $300.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
ah i missed that, sorry.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?