what does getting a setup entail of exactly
do they just adjust the pickup height,change the strings,fix bad wiring etc
could u guys tell me exactly what will be done for my money
Change the strings, fret polish, action and intonation.

Probably not bad wiring. They're not usually that dedicated.
Install the strings of your choice, set the intonation and adjust the truss-rod. May include the price of the new strings, or may be extra. Some techs may include some minor fret-dressing. Some charge more to adjust Floyd Rose trems, two-point trems ought to be included at no charge. Negotiate for extras, some techs are pretty decent about it.
Quote by uldhppi
Install the strings of your choice, set the intonation and adjust the truss-rod. May include the price of the new strings, or may be extra. Some techs may include some minor fret-dressing. Some charge more to adjust Floyd Rose trems, two-point trems ought to be included at no charge. Negotiate for extras, some techs are pretty decent about it.

Yeah, its key to find a good friendly tech. I do my own setups, but when i need something major done (like when my Ibanez needed body work done in the trem are and a new setup) I take it to one guy who I know knows his stuff, and treats me and gives me a good deal. Most though do charge more to deal with a Double Locking trem, like a Floyd or Kahler. I do the following during a setup:

Truss Rod Adjustment
Intonation Check/Adjustment
Bridge Height Check/Adjustment
Spring Tension Check/Adjustment
Pickup/Pole Piece Check/Adjustment
Nut Check/Adjustment
Fret Board Cleaning
Replace any worn out parts if needed
Restring

A setup runs about $60/70, hence why its good to do it yourself, where it costs you maybe an hour of your time.
Well, guitar center will just change the strings, polish the guitar and set the string heigh.

If someone asks me to set up their guitar I would:
Change strings
Set intonation
Set pickup height
set string height
set bridge height
set intonation
set truss rod (if needed)
polish body
oil neck
WTLTL 2011
Setting a guitar up yourself can be scary at first....you're afraid you'll mess something up. But if you get someone that knows what they're doing to show you how it's done right, you'll never pay to do it again. The more you do it, the better you get. I had to take mine to a tech the first few times after it got out of control where I couldn't fix it. Now I'm not afraid to take the screwdriver to mine if need be.