I'm selling all my guitars other than my DFH, simply because I never play them. I'm going to be buying a 2nd high quality guitar, so that I don't have to set the bridge every time I tune from E Standard to Dropped D, I want to keep my DFH in standard, the new guitar will be permanently in dropped D, I play allot of metal, so my new guitar has to have a fast comfortable neck & sound great with lots of gain.
I also want a double locking floating Floyd Rose.

I was thinking about a Jackson RR3, or Dean Razorback, but I would like to get some other recommendations too!

Price limit of 1000GBP
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo
bump, i'm looking for the same kind of guitar,
some good pickups as standard please ^_^
something to replace my crap epiphone.
lower price, perhaps?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
dude first off......why would you have to set your bridge to just drop one string?

secondly....i have a epiphone goth les paul studio. they're good quality and a nice price. very nice distain and crunchy tone. i think you would enjoy it.
Whatever you end up getting, scratch any kind of jackson off your list. I made the mistake of buying a jackson V when I wanted a metal guitar, and it had no tone, no good sustain, and it had a just overall "squashed up" feel to it.

Also, if you ever play any music with clean parts, it doesn't have any kind of good clean sound.

I like schecters though. You should take a look at them. I've never played one I didn't like.

www.schecterguitars.com

I play a Schecter S-1 Elite custom and It does metal, rock, and any kind of clean stuff you can imagine very well!
i have a rr3 and is very good for metal i belive and aint that expensive so if get a rr3 is a good choice
tombst0ne designs
Digital art ,CD covers,posters,anything let me now
my gallery
Quote by myfaceisagocart
Whatever you end up getting, scratch any kind of jackson off your list. I made the mistake of buying a jackson V when I wanted a metal guitar, and it had no tone, no good sustain, and it had a just overall "squashed up" feel to it.

Also, if you ever play any music with clean parts, it doesn't have any kind of good clean sound.

I like schecters though. You should take a look at them. I've never played one I didn't like.

www.schecterguitars.com

I play a Schecter S-1 Elite custom and It does metal, rock, and any kind of clean stuff you can imagine very well!
I like the look of some of those guitars, but non with EMG's & a Floyd
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Sounds like RR3's are the best bet so far, I wouldn't risk going with no neck pickup though, I like to use both pickups for clean parts to songs.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V

After 16 years playing Ibanez (and others every now and again), I've just swapped to Jackson. Obviously personal preference, but I find the exact opposite to you.... I find them generally more useful. Not slagging off Ibanez at all cos they are mint Guitars, but I find the Jacksons can do pretty much anything I want them to. I mean I played pretty much all the name brands when I was looking for a new one about 8 months ago and Jacksons, for me at least, pissed all over the competition.
[
What sort of V was it myfaceisagocart? If it was the cheap ass king V, then they are rubbish, & I agree with everything you said, but the higher range king V's I've played are some of the best I've ever played.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Quote by Danno13
Judging by your sig, you need a new amp first.

i cba to keep looking for a nice amp, and my guitar is gettin a bit rusty, so i'll just use my magic box (line 6 toneport UX1) rigged up to some mp3 player speakers for now haha

i was definitely looking at some schecters, beautiful guitars
anyone with experience with one?

oh and, i think when i've got some spare cash i'll go for that wangcaster,
can you imagine what fun you could have playing songs like "gay bar" and "balls to the wall" on it hahaha. awesome
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by LordPino
Last edited by dark_gilbert at Sep 20, 2007,
What about ESP? I've heard they make some kick ass guitars.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Quote by Exsuratientoel
I like the look of some of those guitars, but non with EMG's & a Floyd

errrm hellraiser c-1 FR?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by LordPino
Quote by dark_gilbert
errrm hellraiser c-1 FR?
Thanks What about the C-7 FR? Same, but 7 string.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Quote by Exsuratientoel
Thanks What about the C-7 FR? Same, but 7 string.

It has a licensed floyd, not an original. Also, the pickups on the C-7 are not active, which makes a difference in tone and output. I'm a proud owner of a Hellraiser C-1 FR, and it's one kickass metal guitar.
Quote by HellRaiser620
It has a licensed floyd, not an original. Also, the pickups on the C-7 are not active, which makes a difference in tone and output. I'm a proud owner of a Hellraiser C-1 FR, and it's one kickass metal guitar.

sweet, i think i'm def gonna go for one,
it's such a ****in lush guitar
had any problems with it at all?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Quote by LordPino
Quote by myfaceisagocart

www.schecterguitars.com

if you are talking about one of there jackson king v guitars. of course it is not that good. it is only 309.00 you will not get the best quality.

besides one of my friends who is the best guitarist i know has a jackson and loves it.
What about the Hellraiser C-1 FR? Original Floyd & EMG 81/85's.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Quote by myfaceisagocart

You are in idiot if you thank that one guitar can sum up the entire line of guitars that Jackson produces. I'm sure you went the cheap route and bought one of the crappy lower-end Vs that are best suited for beginners, or those that are short on cash. Play a higher end Jackson, and then come back and tell me just how ****ty they really are, because trust me, you won't.
without reading the other posts:

I would recommend you ESP, BC Rich or Schecter...... ESP has many damn fine instruments with active pickups...... someday I'll buy a ESP LTD EX400...... but Schecter also makes damn fine instruments and often with FloydRose if that's a must!

BC Rich is only if you want something that really sticks out in the crowd...... I believe their motto is "Shaped to shock, built to rock!" so they're mostly for the looks, I have two warlocks and I love them

if you dont care about looks then go for ESP or Schecter......

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Not many ESP's with Floyd's though

At the moment it's between the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR & the Jackson RR24.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Dude. ESP M-II all the ****ing way.

if you've got £1000 to spend, why would you get a ****ty £500 Jackson RR3?

so, ESP M-II. best guitar you will get for that money. much better than any non USA Jackson.

If you buy a schecter over an ESP, you are obviously retarded. sorry.
Quote by cheames
Dude. ESP M-II all the ****ing way.

if you've got £1000 to spend, why would you get a ****ty £500 Jackson RR3?

so, ESP M-II. best guitar you will get for that money. much better than any non USA Jackson.

But you can also get a j-custom ibanez for that price too.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by mr kipling
But you can also get a j-custom ibanez for that price too.

that is a fair point.

ESP M-II or J Custom Ibanez. NO ****ING SCHECTERS!
If I got a Jackson it would be the RR24 Pro Model or the High Range King V, I'm really not a fan of Ibanez, from what I've heard about Schecters they're damn nice, not many ESP's with Floyd's, but I'm open to suggestions, or of course I can stay dean & go for a Razorback.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V