Does anyone know where i could buy a kill switch like Bucketheads

Ive googled already btw and found nothing

Thanks
if you have volume controls for both pickups on your guitar, then you can do what Hendrix, Ace Frehley, and Kirk Hammett do. Turn off the volume on the neck pickup and turn the volume all the way up on the bridge. Then play something with the bridge pickup, and use the pickup selector to switch to the neck pickup. when you switch to the neck pickup, the sound will cut out and it will come back when you switch it back. I believe buckethead's killswitch is a button not a switch, but this is a lot easier than taking apart your guitar and ****ing with everything.
Quote by mitchp420
i got my momentary on off switch at radio shack

ive just found some on there

but how would i go about installing one?

i have an sg guitaf thats any help
if your extremely lazy you could but one of the new squier strats that comes with one, but meh. Just solder one of the lugs on the bottom of the switch to one lug of the output jack, then the other lug to the other lug.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by samtewari
could you play jordan using a tremelo pedal?

It would sound ****ty. As for OP's question, do a search in the Gear Building & Customizing forums for "The Ultimate Killswitch Thread." It had all the info I needed to put mine in.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
is there a way to have a momentary button and a button that kills the sound and be able to switch between the two?
and if so, how would i go about doing that?
yeah go to the ultimate killswitch thread. more knowledge there
metal militia you also forgot to put in tom morello.one of the greats in mastering the kill switch
Hey. I got my switch from Radioshack for around, $3.50. Its an spst momentary switch. I suggest thats the one you get.

Also, try looking at the right forum for this:

Kill Switch Thread

These guys helped me put mines on.

But, once you get the switch, I would say you connect the wires on w/o soldering, and try it out just to make sure it works.

Now, the main things you'll deal with are probably going to be the switch itself, and your volume pot.

Now, the switch has 2 terminals coming from it, and of course, you'd need two wires. One connecting from one terminal to the volume pot, and the other wire to the other terminal on the killswitch to the other terminal on the volume pot. So you kinda get the idea of whats going on.

With wire 1
So, when you're ready... you'll want to start with one wire. Solder that to one terminal on the killswitch. Look at your volume pot. You should notice that there are 3 terminals on it. If you look at it facing the terminals, the ground should be to the right of it. Take that same wire and connect it to the ground terminal on the volume pot.

With wire 2
Take another wire, and solder it to the only free terminal on the killswitch. Then take that same wire and solder it to the center terminal on the volume pot. Voila! It should work.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Last edited by SathiaSun at Sep 20, 2007,
Quote by bWsWwrestler
metal militia you also forgot to put in tom morello.one of the greats in mastering the kill switch

I thought Tom Morello doesn't use a killswitch. I thought he just sets one volume knob to 0, the other to 10 and just switches between pickups?
Quote by Lil Macker

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Quote by samtewari
could you play jordan using a tremelo pedal?

I've tried a Wah pedal, and it didn't quite cut it.

Now, i'm working with an octave pedal. I believe thats what he uses. Sounds like it goes up 2 whole octaves, and it seems to have got that tone right on. But, i'm still working on timing and what not.
Quote by Lil Macker

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

yeah in the gear customization section there is actually a sticky up that has directions on installing one in it.
tremlo with give you the same type of sound....
My Gear:

Epiphone
Zakk Wylde Custom Bullseye
Silvertone Sunburst Strat Copy
S101 Standard Black Strat Copy
Boss Distortion DS-1 F/S!!!
Arion Metal Master
Line 6 Spider III
15w P.O.S

Soon: Roland Cube 20x
if you have an SG, turn the neck pickup to 0 and the bridge to 10.

built in killswitch.