Ok so i have an ibanez jetking jtk1 (just so you kno it has a basswood body, a maple neck, and coil taps) i dont kno if i rly care for the pickups. the distortion with them just dont cut it rly. my original idea was just rip them out and put some new pups in and be done with it. HOWEVER, i found that it has a very unique and nice clean. I love it. so i rly dont want to lose that tone. would i lose that uniqueness is if i dropped in a couple of SDs?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
yes. However, the SDs might have even better cleans. Experiment.
WTLTL 2011
It might be your amp...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
which pickup do you use to get that clean sound?

if it's the neck, then why not just change the bridge pickup?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
which pickup do you use to get that clean sound?

if it's the neck, then why not just change the bridge pickup?

its both rly, i should have elaborated a bit more, its rly several different sounds i can get from it.

and well if i cant get new pickups and keep that sound ill just keep the pups. i might just replace th pups in my squier instead
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
If you like the sound you get from your current pickups, why change them?
Of course new pickups could also give you a very nice and distinct sound, but it's a bit of an expensive gamble, especially if you like the sound of the stock ones. Maybe you should check youtube for some vids of people who have changed out the pickups on their Jetkings (provided that they have those videos of course).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!