Today, at college my colleauge suffered a severe Fit whilst working in the studio at music. While routing channels, the pro tools channel re routed itself through the monitor system, therefor feeding back at an incredible ammount of decibles. WHile me and a few others held out hands on our ears, my friend just sat there staring at the desk, about 2 minutes later he reached round and grabbed my throat making barking noises, and then curled up into a ball, and began seiuzuring heavily on the floor, we imeditly called for help and after half an hour or so, everything was normal. We felt terrible as we all didnt know what to do in the situation, and I felt even worse that I forgot all my first aid training there and then.

The local paramedics arived and checked him out, everything seemed ok.

We all tried to think of what set him off, we ddnt know if it was the satanic 60hz humm of the mains, or the christmas tree lights of the desk. Either way, I feel terrible.

Ive seen epelipsy, and the fits before, I have a few friends who were epeleptic. This however was the worst one Ive seen.

Anyone here had any experiences?
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Yeah, a friend of mine had an epileptic fit in one of my lessons a few years ago when I was still at school, it was so severe she was in hospital for a week afterwards =/
I recall someone in my Geography class a year ago clinging to a table and just shaking rapidly... Scary stuff.
When I was much younger, I think around seven, my dad had a friend who was engaged to a woman called Trish who was epileptic. I have a memory of us all going to Wales and her having a fit, but she was okay. Then she had another sometime later and died while she was pregnant
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I once had a severe"grandmile" (I don't think it's spelt like that.. might be granmal?) fit just days after starting secondary school, and almost died (I think). All I remember is feeling awful, smashing my face on my radiator and then waking up in Hospital - I thought I'd been abducted by aliens and stuff. Nasty, nasty experience.

There's more too it than that of course but yes. I had a night-terror or 2 before that big event happened. My mums still adament that this Columbian kid I hung around with gave me drugs as "sweets" somehow and ****. It sucks cause he is still "around" sometimes and I can never ever talk about it... The kid had an "opair" who could hardly speak English and dabbled in all sorts of drugs and I think had 'em in his room and stuff. The twat came round after I was in Hospital and asked "was it the sweets?" to my parents.

So there you go homies!!

(some minor edits there).
Last edited by Jackolas at Sep 20, 2007,
Strange you should say that, some lad at our college yesterday had an epeleptic fit. Though i didnt see it and i dont think it was anywhere near as bad as they can be. Dunno what caused it...
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
i remember an episode of diff'rent strokes in which the maid, Pearl, had a seizure...then arnold made fun of her and got in trouble for it
Quote by alex_haeni
Bahah, i just got BUTSECKS to work.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
When I was much younger, I think around seven, my dad had a friend who was engaged to a woman called Trish who was epileptic. I have a memory of us all going to Wales and her having a fit, but she was okay. Then she had another sometime later and died while she was pregnant

My childhood friend, bit older then me at 26, Madaline. She went to hull infermery pregnant with her baby, after giving birth and labour and all that, she was taken to the bath to relax, while the nurses went to go bring towels, she had an epeleptic fit in the bath, and drowned.

I live next door to her dad, and he's taking it on the chin as he looks after her son (mathew) as her husband is away working and dosent want to talk about it at all.
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by rockdude375
Strange you should say that, some lad at our college yesterday had an epeleptic fit. Though i didnt see it and i dont think it was anywhere near as bad as they can be. Dunno what caused it...

Really? wow. Apprently someone had one at my college the other day too, and people didn't know what to do etc.
My brother has epilepsy, It's scary to witness an attack, youre just so powerless.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Quote by Miyagi-san
i remember an episode of diff'rent strokes in which the maid, Pearl, had a seizure...then arnold made fun of her and got in trouble for it

Isn't that hilarious.
Quote by nick dixon
My childhood friend, bit older then me at 26, Madaline. She went to hull infermery pregnant with her baby, after giving birth and labour and all that, she was taken to the bath to relax, while the nurses went to go bring towels, she had an epeleptic fit in the bath, and drowned.

I live next door to her dad, and he's taking it on the chin as he looks after her son (mathew) as her husband is away working and dosent want to talk about it at all.

That is awful mate, sorry to hear about this.
Quote by nick dixon

The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I feel lucky to be alive after what happened, so I didn't raise a smile at that one, sorry.
Quote by Jackolas
I feel lucky to be alive after what happened, so I didn't raise a smile at that one, sorry.

Your lucky man. very lucky.

I darent tell my parents, but sometimes out of the blue, I get this splitting pain in my head and my I lose my balance and stuff, and it feels like my brains are dribbling out my ears, and It hurts like ****, but it lasts for about 5 seconds. I dont know if they are mild fits or what
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
My brother is epileptic. He used to have seizures while he was sleeping, he'd twitch and spasm all over and shriek really loudly, even though he was still asleep. It was horrible because we couldn't even comfort him because he wasn't concious.

He got medication for it and hasn't had a fit for years, thankfully .
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
my step-father had a epileptic fit whilst driving on the motorway, luckly there was someone else in the car to take over. He also had one whilst me and my sister where there, tis very scary when your little..