Page 1 of 2
Hey

I'm writing a magazine article that has to be handed in by October 1st. Seeing as how it'll be the Christmas edition I thought I'd be festive and I'm doing reasons to dislike the holidays.

Anyway, I need you all to tell me some of the things you don't like about the holidays, and I'm going to pick 5 or 10 things, I've not decided yet.

To get the ball rolling the most promising ones I've got so far are:
Christmas Songs
New Year's Day
The standard of TV at the holiday time of year.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, even if it's only something that mildly annoys you about the holidays, it'll help me out.

Cheers
Buying gifts for other people...

I'm not Scrooge

>_>
<_<
*runs*
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
When it doesn't snow until really late in december. Wtf man?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Children come to realisation that Satan is not real.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

The anti-climax of Christmas Day
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
when my mom starts singing christmas songs in the middle of October...

We wish you a Merry Christmas BOOM HEADSHOT
Quote by Moggan13
*Kicks down door*
WHO SAID RAMBO 3!!???
Crappy christmas films they always show

you could also mention the fact that christmas is no longer really regarded as a christian holiday and more of a commercial thing.

EDIT:

The fact that people are putting up their trees already.
Quote by burningcowsrule

Christmas Songs

wrong answer!

hows about the traffic and the fact that it gets earlier every year!
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by str84ever
Crappy christmas films they always show

you could also mention the fact that christmas is no longer really regarded as a christian holiday and more of a commercial thing.

EDIT:

The fact that people are putting up their trees already.

Christmas TV is the BEST TV ever. All those terrible films that are always on, no matter what, like Home Alone and Con Air
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by p.stick
Children come to realisation that Satan is not real.

Ah, Jolly old Satan.
Funny words.
Despite the innumerable cute Christmas movies about the true meaning of Christmas, everyone still acts like it's a consumerism holiday, not the birth of Jesus Christ. Shame...
Hearing your favorite radio stations play Christmas music for a ****in month
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Drunken Santas! I actually quite like them, but they seem to make children cry...
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Christmas: Spending money you don't have on things you don't need for people you don't like.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
It's cold.
I hate decorating trees.
I hate decorating the house.
I hate choosing things to buy for people.
Blah.

But I looooove Christmas Dinner!
yeee.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
the fact the shops start celebrating chrimbo the day after easter finishes.

who buys crackers in april?
Its like a colour mismatch
Quote by The Leader
Christmas: Spending money you don't have on things you don't need for people you don't like.

Only to get a bunch of stuff you don't need in return.
Quote by The Leader

Too true.
having to clean out the cat piss from under the tree
You are now blinking manually
The cold ¬_¬ Seirously I hate that bastard Jack Frost.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
consumerism, and sometimes the family gets quite annoying. also eggnog is not very good unless you "spice it up". youd might as well just drink straight up rum or whatever then..... stupid holiday imho.

although it has been a while since ive been home, so i think itll be more bearable next time i drop by. they cant be worse than my roommate, right?
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
tried to find the approchable movie jack frost O.o but only got this one

remember he was a real person (Y)
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
I actually quite like Christmas, though the past few years I've been sort of depressed around them. I don't know why, but it's not because of Christmas.
^

I had an xmas like that and it was when I was quite happy. Well I enjoyed christmas itself loads but in the week or so off I had before it I felt quite crap at times indeed. Still don't know why, I think it was part of a winding down process after my first year at college perhaps. That was a good 2 years ago almost though, at least.
Christmas is just capitalism.

They want you spend your money that's all, it isnt a "holy" celebration anymore.
Quote by Kensai
When it doesn't snow until really late in december. Wtf man?

When it doesn't snow...
Opeth - Tool - Ephel Duath - Cynic
not really christmas but the christmas season, when i come in from school my hands are too cold to play guitar properly
I love everything about Christmas. Winter is my favorite season and I get to go snowboarding, no school, I love corny Christmas movies, I love Christmas songs, and I just love the general feel of the time. There's really nothing bad about Christmas for me.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Sep 20, 2007,
Quote by StreetLight3989
I love everything about Christmas. Winter is my favorite season and I get to go snowboarding, no school, I love corny, I love Christmas songs, and I just love the general feel of the time. There's really nothing bad about Christmas for me.

Doesn't it suck to think of those not fortunate enough having a **** christmas though?
Quote by Jackolas
Doesn't it suck to think of those not fortunate enough having a **** christmas though?

Yeah, I didn't think about that. I always try to donate some money or time to people not fortunate enough to have Christmas.
The fact that from the shops point of view, the christmas season begins in September.

I saw christmas cards on sale on the market in frikkin august!
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
The fact that from the shops point of view, the christmas season begins in September.

I saw christmas cards on sale on the market in frikkin august!

Ah don't!!

Where I work some irritating guy asked us why we don't have any christmas stuff in yet, and I could tell my boss was thinking of battering him, lol I managed to fob him off and he left before pain.
Page 1 of 2