cool stuff man. i can definitely hear the tom morello influence.

by the way, where are you in MA?
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
that was badass lol, the bass intro was sweet and the drums were perfect. i loved the chords and rhythms you used throughout, it was a very well composed song, and it can only get better with vocals the part at 24 on is the best, very upbeat. the solo was great but it would freshen it up alot more if you maybe used more of the neck instead of staying in the same pentatonic position or even used a different scale. but then again it did fit the song perfectly.

Overall, awesome.

Quote by ch715dallat
that was badass lol, the bass intro was sweet and the drums were perfect. i loved the chords and rhythms you used throughout, it was a very well composed song, and it can only get better with vocals the part at 24 on is the best, very upbeat. the solo was great but it would freshen it up alot more if you maybe used more of the neck instead of staying in the same pentatonic position or even used a different scale. but then again it did fit the song perfectly.

Overall, awesome.

haha, thanks. I know what you mean about the solo, but that's how I'm stuck playing lead because I don't do it enough. This was mostly about the bass, so I didn't bother trying to get too fancy with the solo. I was going to put a bass solo, but it just didn't happen. Maybe next time.
The bass is great, the groove is great, the drums are great, the solo is great...man, great song. This could be a big thing if you recorded it.
Thats much better! Definitly more Funk orientated i think. Good job. Riff *could* be repetitive, but you broke it up well with some nice riffs. Well done.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
I really enjoyed it, great work man.

also, being a bassist, I love it when I see people using the bass more and more for things, instead of just root notes. I know its funk, and bass is a huge part of that, but its awesome to see, no matter what genre.

I do so much critique-ing around here, I should see if I can get something good together and put it up.
Last edited by Frobot! at Nov 14, 2007,
my god, that was brilliant. I have absolutely no suggestions. kept me interested the whole way through. you are amazing, sir.

if you want to crit mine, the newest one is the first one in my sig.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
This is great for a funk rock tune, sounds very professional. The only critisim I have for it is the riff at measure 8 and 12; the E-G-A-C (or the 0-3-5-3) part doesn't really seem to fit in you might wanna change it to E-G-A-B (or 0-3-5-2). Thats just my opinion, I mean the C is in the key it just doesn't seem to work to me.
This one isn't as funky as your others.

+Great solos (organ and guitar)
+Great Riffs, especially the main one

I cant say anything bad about this one either.